Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Crumhorn Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:31 pm
My MPC1k is set up to drive all the midi devices in my studio setup. It records/sends Sysex to my synth just fine, but sysex settings dumps from my drum machine [Zoom RT-323] are recorded ok but rarely get sent back to it when I play the sequence, or from step edit play.
I have tried dozens of changes on the MPC around midi channels, tempo, midi thru, track number, number of bars, etc, but maybe one attempt in 20 succeeds then fails on further attempts with same settings. On one occasion the data was sent out to the B midi o/p when the track was set to channel 16A.
It is not about the Zoom box not receiving it, because I tested the MPC output on a PC using MidiOX, and found the message was not being sent, most of the time. The Zoom sends and receives to MidiOX with no problem. It is odd that a similar sized data set on my Korg synth works like a dream. Both are a few hundred bytes. The problem shows in both Akai OS and JJOS.

Any ideas? Anyone had a similar problem? I have been through all the sysex topics in the forum and tried all the tips I can find from here, but nothing changes this behaviour.
By Crumhorn Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:29 pm
Update to post:
Happened across the reason why the sysex dump does not restore the Zoom drum box configuration. The Zoom will not accept the dump while it is running. Each time the sysex containing sequence is Played, the MPC sends the Start [or Continue] signal and runs the song on the Zoom. The Zoom then does not accept the dump. And any other time the Zoom is running - even on a blank song that makes no notes, it rejects the dump, whether Played as a sequence, or played from Seq Edit.

Great relief here.