Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Hoolee Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:54 am
Whatsup guys, I recently bought a 16 GB sandisk CF card for my MPC 1k. I had already read that it SHOULD work if its formatted, but the mpc may not read past a certain GB, or read the card at all.

Anyways I formatted the card and popped it in, and when I try to load a beat it freezes. i'm able to navigate and go through the card fine but I noticed that the loading is extremely slow (I realize because of the size of the card)

I'm running JJos 3.16

Has anyone else gotten this specific problem and have they had anyway of going about it?

I'm thinking I might just have to return it and go for the 2gig cards on MPCstuff :x
By Lampdog Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:46 pm
Can’t you partition it 8 x 2gb sections?
By Hoolee Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:09 pm
I suppose this is possible, but have yet to try it. How would I do it? Just partition 8 sections?
By mixedbymuke Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 pm
you say that you formatted the card "then" stuck it in the mpc. you have to format the card WITHIN the mpc. maybe that will help. i routinely use a 32 GB card. no problem.