Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By cunoSvaa Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:44 pm
Im so used to a old 60 and a well kept 2000XL that the 1000 just feels stiff like some extra large fun bags that were done in the 90's...

I dont knwo if different kind of pads or tac switches or any tricks to make things were i dont have to push 3 or 4 x to get the button to work with out mashing buttons harder than needed...

if so Ill take any tips into consideration I'm loving the size of the 1000 esp when on travel or break from the norm.

would need it to be a little more comfortable... im not looking to do any live sets or finger mashing the F out of the 1000 no beat battles for me...

I have heard of the cork pads incresing sensitivity etc etc... but i dont know if any of that is true or is there a MPC 1000 upgrade bible or pros and cons of all the upgrades aval? (if not there should be)

but yes help a brother out...

thanks
By mono/poly Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:11 pm
|I like many others have had to replace the pads, and sensors due to the bad design on the 1000, They fail due to this little piece of impregnated carbon looking contact thing inside them. Cork ain't probably gonna help here mate. Also i have replaced about 4 of the tact switches...cheap easy to do if you can solder. Having done my 1000 is still going strong. Just needs a little tlc and less beating and smashing it out of frustration...lol
By Sense-A Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:54 pm
The MPC 1000 was manufactured and shipped with crappy pads and tact switches that easily fail, LED's that go out quickly, plastic buttons that easily break, and many other cheap parts.

Fortunately, it is easy to take apart and repair.

But, in my opinion, it lacks the quality parts and design that earlier models had.

The USB connectivity, ability to insert a hard drive or CF card or SSD with ease, and compact design, as well as JJOS makes up for some of the disadvantages I listed.

If I could go back in time I probably would have got the MPC 60 or MPC 3000 and dealt with SCSI storage.

If you search this forum you can find lots of customization ideas that will upgrade your MPC. That includes better quality tact switches, longer lasting LED's, the pad upgrade and lots of pad options, custom LED/LCD screens, wood side panels, stickers to cover the entire mpc, new knobs, etc.
By saltmcgault Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:00 pm
cunoSvaa wrote:Im so used to a old 60 and a well kept 2000XL that the 1000 just feels stiff like some extra large fun bags that were done in the 90's...

I dont knwo if different kind of pads or tac switches or any tricks to make things were i dont have to push 3 or 4 x to get the button to work with out mashing buttons harder than needed...

if so Ill take any tips into consideration I'm loving the size of the 1000 esp when on travel or break from the norm.

would need it to be a little more comfortable... im not looking to do any live sets or finger mashing the F out of the 1000 no beat battles for me...

I have heard of the cork pads incresing sensitivity etc etc... but i dont know if any of that is true or is there a MPC 1000 upgrade bible or pros and cons of all the upgrades aval? (if not there should be)

but yes help a brother out...

thanks

mpcstuff.com had buttons "complete" sets. more durable quality.. pricey imo but well worth it. when replacing the old ones, I noticed a lot of them were broke. its totally worth it.
By dryad-66 Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:26 pm
In the last 2 hours i did the tape trick on the pads of my MPC5000.Open her up,get the pads upside down,use electrical tape and cut 10-15 mil squares one after another and layer 3 (found that worked best for me)on the underside of the square pads and test.Mine now are super sensitive to the touch.`very nice feel.Cost me less than one pence.

You could also try blowing a can of air and switch cleaner (?) on the buttons while your in there.Probably help somewhat.