Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Nick Carbone Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:22 pm
Hello friends,

I just bought an mpc 1000 and replaced the pads with brand new mpcstuff fat pads. I didn't notice much of a difference and I still seem to not be getting all of my hits recognized. The pad is registering low velocity strikes but it's not translating into a sample being played every time for some reason. Please watch this video for an example. I first show that the pad is picking up all velocities, then I enable full-level to show how it's not producing a strike every time.

I already opened the machine a second time and re-set the two sensor connectors and made sure the whole thing was installed right. It seems to be. Any ideas? Are my expectations about playability way off? I've only used a $99 MPC Element before this and right now that thing performs way better.
By tapedeck Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:29 pm
turn up the sensitivity?
look for a correlation between registered velocity and what it takes for the pad to fire.
By Nick Carbone Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:49 pm
I've tried all sensitivity levels between 1-25... something I just noticed is that if I wiggle the pads it temporarily fixes the issue. Has anyone else experienced this?? I don't see how I could have installed this incorrectly.
By tapedeck Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:20 pm
Nick Carbone wrote:I've tried all sensitivity levels between 1-25... something I just noticed is that if I wiggle the pads it temporarily fixes the issue. Has anyone else experienced this?? I don't see how I could have installed this incorrectly.

its probably easier to do than you think. id even try re-seating the entire pad sensor sheet where it plugs into the board.

what's weird to me is that the hardware appears to be functioning, its like a software issue.
could your sample be set up on round robin or something weird that is misbehaving?

eliminate all variables and make the most simple to test program possible. one sample, one pad. maybe you already have but again, the fact that the hardware appears to work and the software doesnt translate correctly is suspect.

also maybe you just need to hit it harder - it is an instrument after all, a certain amount of learning to play it correctly usually comes into play here.
By richie Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:10 pm
Post pictures of the pad sensor sheet mounting.
By Nick Carbone Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:52 pm
Thx for the replies. My first attempt at a brand new program created on the mpc turned out good. Excellent response at all velocities. the programs I had been trying before that were ones I created with "pad 187" on my computer.

I'll update this if I keep having issues but so far so good.
By tapedeck Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:31 pm
Nick Carbone wrote:Thx for the replies. My first attempt at a brand new program created on the mpc turned out good. Excellent response at all velocities. the programs I had been trying before that were ones I created with "pad 187" on my computer.

I'll update this if I keep having issues but so far so good.