Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By stereotypesime Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 pm
Hi.
I'm sending midi data to a KORG MS2000 however the first midi note event is missed the first time a sequence is played but when the sequence loops a second time the note does play. To make it even more annoying occasionally (1 out of 10 attempts) the first not does play. Also when overdubbing the missing note always plays. Anyone have some idea of whats going on?
Thanks!
By Lampdog Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:59 pm
Yes insert a blank bar in front so each piece of gear has time to sync up before notes start playing.
It's not getting time to sync up is the problem.
By stereotypesime Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:48 am
Thanks for getting back to me so fast. This is really weird but....
I sent the same midi sequence to another synth on a different midi channel & it worked so I changed the MS2K to that a different midi channel and it also worked. I thought I had solved the problem but I was wrong. The problem is with the MS2K...I realised it was because I had entered the [EDIT] screen. It works if I press either the [EDIT] or [GLOBAL] switch, to make it even more weird if the LED screen changes back to show the patch name it stops working. Seriously odd. I'll look into the blank bar idea...it makes sense in song mode but not so much as a single sequence....that being said I have no idea what I'm talking about. Thanks :)
By Lampdog Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:13 am
Yes, the blank bar is better used in song modes.

Maybe it doesn’t transmit midi when certain screens are in view.
Maybe that is explained in the manual, I’m guessing.

By tapedeck Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:30 pm
im guessing something else (maybe a note towards the end of the sequence) has put a note-off that is going to a particular channel, so yer notes are clashing.

weird things can happen with notes looping around from the end of a sequence to the beginning.

maybe my exact thought is a little off, but the point is, sometimes you get a note-off from later on in the loop that, without the note-on (which would come AFTER the note-off since we're talking about looping), can screw things up. just mute tracks one-by-one til you find the track that causes the problem, then go into step edit and see what you can find - check note durations etc.