Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By bd123 Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:40 pm
hi,

I’m trying to get my mpc 1000 and computer linked up so i can transfer samples onto the mpc. However, I do everything in the manual and the pc comes up as recognising the mpc in device manager, but there is nothing under my computer so i can’t access the drive.

I have tried on a friends laptop and it works just fine so not sure why i can’t get it to work with my pc.

Any ideas?
By bd123 Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:59 pm
anyone know about this? still having this problem. CF works fine mounting to pc but i cannot get the HD to show up under my computer despite it saying it is being read on my pc.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:15 pm
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/26832 ... l?page=108

Is this the same thing you followed from the manual?

You say the hdd is being read by pc but not showing up, this statement cancels itself out, how?
Please explain in detail.

Also, check disk manager and see what shows for that drive. Maybe it's in device manager but not formatted. If the hdd bar on the disk is black that means, PC see's it but the drive cannot be accessed because it's not formatted. Blue means healthy drive.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/a ... D=1284#win
By bd123 Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:57 am
yes thats the bit in the manual i followed. the hard drive shows up in device manager and also in the bottom right of my pc when i follow those steps its just i cant access it despite being able to see it in device manager. i am not sure on colour but if it was not formatted properly would it not work on the laptop too? i am using my friends laptop and it works so maybe not a problem with the hd and one related to my pc?

here is a screenshot of my device manager:
By Lampdog Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:47 pm
Disk Management. Go there and look.

Blue is a healthy.
Black is unformatted.

What all text do you see on your hdd there? Screenshot again please, thanks.
By Lampdog Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:26 am
Blue Healthy partition is good. Windows should be showing the drive in Explorer then.
By bd123 Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:16 pm
Lampdog wrote:Blue Healthy partition is good. Windows should be showing the drive in Explorer then.

it doesnt though and i dont know why. i have been trying to figure this out for quite some time now.

By Lampdog Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:02 pm
In the device managment screen, go to the mpc usb hdd.

Right click uninstall device.

Reboot. No need to unplug mpc but you can if you want but plug it back up when pc starts.

Go back to device manager, top menu go to ACTION, ScCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES (pc will look for changes, Windows will then attempt to install generic usb drivers, let it happen.

After it finishes installing reboot again and try to find mpc in explorer again.
By bd123 Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:26 pm
i finally figured it out. the disk had not been assigned a letter. its even in my screenshot i linked too but i failed to see it all this time. thanks for your help.
Last edited by bd123 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.