Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By ject8 Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:51 am
hey guys,

i bought a used mpc 1000 which looked to be in good condition with the late akai pads, however there is a wierd bug: after some time suddenly all pads stop working (also cant access any mode etc.) the buttons keep working. after 1 or 2 minutes the pads start working again. does this have to do with the pads or could it be an os bug? currently i’m running jjos2xl 3.48.
another thing that ocurred, only once though, is that single pads were triggering other pads..

any advice?
By Sense-A Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:25 pm
I have a theory that the loose placement of PCB interface for the new pad upgrade underneath the pad tray may sometimes short to the chassis and cause problems as you describe. It's just a theory though.

I'm currently having problems with pads 1 and 2 triggering each other sometimes and usually not triggering at all. The pressure registers in JJOS but I usually get no velocity. Sometimes it appears that the pressure is constantly sending a very mild signal even when the pads aren't being pressed. This makes me believe that there is a short or else the pads are stuck, even during boot-up, and the OS gets confused and processes the pressed pad as a zero value..

The thread for my own pad problems is here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=186678