Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By soer9459 Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:10 pm
Hi there

I looked for this particular question, and couldn't find it answered anywhere, so i hope it hasn't been covered a million times before

I just got my MPC1000. It has 16mb RAM installed, which i will of course upgrade
Now, when i look in the TRIM->WINDOW screen, the maximum free memory is only 3.5 mb when there are no samples loaded. Is this normal behaviour (say the OS uses some of the memory), or do i have some sort of issue?

Thanks
By J0J0 Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:56 pm
yes i think it's normal that the os uses some of the ram. just cant tell you how much. will have a look how much it is on my 1000 tomorrow...
best
jojo
By J0J0 Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:18 pm
had a look at my mpc 1000 running JJOS: I have 128MB installed, and only have 115.5MB free (only 2 little autostart sequences with NO samples are loaded, so maybe sustract 1MB or something, dont know)

so yess the OS doesn't have it's "own" separate memory it just uses the RAM bars you install. An MPC is still a computer right? ;-)))

hope that helps
Jojo