Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By seitostockman Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:47 pm
Hello, I cant seem to find anywhere that sells the pad tray by itself for the 2nd version of the 1k pads. My current busted pad setup is the first version, but I have the 2nd version of the pad sensors ready to go. the pcb pad board still works fine, so I think I just need the pad tray. Any help is greatly appreciated. :worthy:
By richie Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 am
You need more than just the tray to do what you're trying to do.

The 2nd version has a circuit board underneath the metal tray which interfaces with the motherboard.
By seitostockman Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:06 pm
ok thanks, how about being able to get the pad tray and the circuit board without the pads and pad sensors? I can't even find that
By richie Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:10 pm
I do not know of anywhere that sells them separately. I mean, you could possibly try to contact Akai about it but they're not very helpful even with their current products, let alone something from 15 years ago.

The only people I know of that have the pad upgrade kit are mpc-stuff, so you could try them as well although I do not imagine much of a discount in comparison to getting their pad upgrade kit in general.