Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By tsindt Tue May 15, 2018 12:36 pm
Hi everybody,

I have a MPC1000 with JJOS2XL and I use somethimes Gesit 2 to produce tracks. So I want to use my old AKAI MPC 1000 as MIDI Controller to trigger the Geist 2 pads in the standalone app (Windows 10; 64bit). But it does not work. I don't know why. I see in the upper left corner of Geist 2, that it is recieving MIDI Information when I trigger a pad on my MPC 1000. But this does not play the pad within the Geist2 engine.

I have checked, if the MPC pads are sending the right midi notes in my DAW REAPER 5 (by recording them) and they seem to be correct. But also in REAPER, Geist2 is not reacting to the MPC midi notes (not live and not to the recorded ones). Further, I have drawn the same MIDI notes in REAPER in the MIDI Editor beyond the original ones I have recorded from the MPC and Geist play the drawn ones!? Then I check the Midi notes from the MPC with another VSTi (Korg Wavestation legacy) and this synth will play the right notes when I press the MPC pads.

So, has anybody an idea?

Thank you very much.

P.S.: I have asked the same question in the Geist 2 forum from fxpansion, but I got no answer 'till now.