Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By J0J0 Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:32 pm
Hi,
I coded a software that helps me do tedious or repititive tasks with multiple MPC 1000 sequence files. Detailed description and download here:

http://stuff-i-do.peek-a-boo.at/mpc1k-seq/

I'd love to here what you think. Please check it out, it's free to download and Open Source. Also I am up for input on expanding it for other purposes I didn't think of yet.

If you need any help with installing or using it, please leave a comment at the bottom of above blog post. If you prefer to post here, that's fine with me as well.

Also one question: Does anybody know if there are differences in the sequence file format created with JJOS than the one's form the original Akai OS?

all the best
Jojo

PS: I learned a lot about sequence files from this dusty post from user mpc3000: viewtopic.php?p=354398#p354398
You still around here? Thanks for that valuable information! ;-)
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:20 pm
Not sure what OS your using on your 1000? To be honest you could of achieved what your doing on the MPC setting it to mono, loading your different bpm samples and using the loop and hold feature on JJOS2XL

But fair play for creating this program, I'm willing to give it a test run on my 2500 when I get 5 minutes and see what happens, give feedback, ideas etc :smoker:
By J0J0 Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:27 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:[color=black]Not sure what OS your using on your 1000? To be honest you could of achieved what your doing on the MPC setting it to mono, loading your different bpm samples and using the loop and hold feature on JJOS2XL

Yes JJOS something XL, not sure version 3.5X ;-) I probably have this function.

Thanks for the feedback, I was not aware of it, I will definitely give it a try, it may help me with some cases. My software can probably do some things more, I also use it for longer wav files, like whole backing tracks, or for just replacing the bass tracks with basslines played in other keys or something. And the nice thing is: The whole workflow is on my laptop and I put the final files on the mpc, and already can jam to it on my keyboard. No pressing buttons anymore, it's just a matter of loading a folder containing seq and wav files, done. The process is now pretty much automated, thats why I wrote the tool.

Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:But fair play for creating this program, I'm willing to give it a test run on my 2500 when I get 5 minutes and see what happens, give feedback, ideas etc :smoker:

Did you ever find the 5 minutes? :-) In case you are having difficulties with setting it up, I certainly will help! What OS is your Computer on? Win? Mac? LInux?

all the best
Jojo