Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Lewsidius Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:21 pm
Hi Guys
New to the forum but have been reading posts w/o being a member.
This probably comes up a lot. But I did a search prior to.

I was wondering if I could get some advice???

Is it worth getting the pad replacement to the next gen pads?
Like the thick pads?
Does the new OS or JJOS make the OEM pads more responsive?

I was also considering getting the larger screen and the JJOS
Is the JJOS compatible with the larger screen?
Is the screen worth getting?

Im in the processes of sticking in a harddrive. I found an old hitachi drive Im not using. Need to get the kit to install it

Very excited to get back into this stuff. Pulled my MPC outta storage and am getting back into it. For a long time my studio has been dismantled

Wondering which updates are worth it?

Basically should I get? :

- JJOS
- thicker more sensitive pads
- Larger Screen

Thanks ahead of time
By ZeusTheElevated Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 pm
JJOS hands down should be your first pick. it opens up the machine into a completely different beast. could honestly never even imagine working with the akai OS after being on JJ for a few years now
By Lewsidius Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:36 am
Thanks so much for the sound advice guys!
Pun intended! :-)
By Lewsidius Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:58 pm
Just one last thing....
Is it better to upgrade or get a newer MPC i.e. MPC 2000 or live?

also which version of JJ OS should I go for?
By inflict3 Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:29 pm
I’ve been loving the new jjos3
By Sharris Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:42 pm
I started with the free JJOS & moved up to JJOSXL - If I was you I would ATLEAST upgrade to the free JJOS, you don't have to pay & it adds features. Check out below for all JJOS info including features, cost, ect.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/

You can download ALL PAID versions of JJOS for free as well, but need to pay for the password that allows you to save your work. So if you want to check out a JJOS that costs money, but are not sure if you want to pay for it, try it out first. Again, you cannot save your work unless you PAY for the JJOS, but you can at least play with it to see if it's worth paying for.

Also if your pads are not very responsive first check the velocity sensitivity settings. If they're still unresponsive, you can get the below for $15 (instead of paying $39 for fat pads if you are ONLY worried about pad sensativity).

https://www.mpcstuff.com/akai-mpc-1000- ... kit-corks/

Also fat pads are hard (not soft). I have regular pads on my MPC 1000 & like them better than the fat pads on my 2500 & 500. They might soften up if you wear them in, but mine haven't softened up yet.

I'm not sure if JJOS increases pad sensitivity, but I doubt it. The pads should already be sensitive unless you have something going on with it (ie: your velocity settings are messed up or you have too much space between pads & sensors, which are what the corx upgrade above fixes or your pad sensors are messed up & you can buy new sensors at MPCstuff as well).

If I was you I would check out JJOS & get the sensitivity of your pads fixed before lookin at other machines. Play with your 1000, get an idea of what you want when it comes to features & workflow. If you decide you want something different you can sell your 1000 (worth more if you fix it up a bit) & buy something else that fits your needs better.