Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By flaxenhair Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:26 am
Hello,

I have some midi compositions that I originally created in Sibelius notation software. Imported those midi files into Logic.

I would like to take those same MIDI files and import them onto my MPC 1000. How can I do this?

Also, how can I make the midi files trigger the samples I want? Can the midi information trigger audio files and can I play the midi files with only the MPC 1000 and no external keyboard or synth?

I know these are weird questions and probably very basic but I need help! Much appreciated!
By Lampdog Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:59 pm
Midi file is data information only, no audio. Yes, you can import the midi file into your mpc.
It will playback, with no audio, until you have the same samples assigned to the same note numbers in programs on the mpc. It will be some work but it can be done I believe, if you have the patience.

Two types of midi files, one has all tracks performing on a single track together.
Other has separated tracks.