Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By y0da Wed May 11, 2016 7:14 pm
mumkai wrote:
y0da wrote:
@ major_tom I didnt understand completly what u said, my english is not very good mate. U mean u got a HD to sell which works with mpc 1k?

Im American and still struggling to understand what he's saying....

:lol: Thats makes me feel less silly haha! By the way mumkai which cf card do you use for your mpc ?
By richie Wed May 11, 2016 8:21 pm
Yoda, I've been using the 4GB Sandisk Extreme III for years in my MPC 1000 without hassle or those issues man.
By mumkai Wed May 11, 2016 8:27 pm
y0da wrote:Does this one will work u think ? Kingston CF/4GB Carte CompactFlash
https://www.amazon.fr/Kingston-CF-4GB-C ... pact+flash

I'm tired of being limited with 128 MB LOL! Damn its 2016 comon !

By the way Don't buy Sandisk Ultra Extreme 64 GB it doesn't work.

I tried everything, it's not working. (slows, and freeze, and bugs)

Right now I have 4 cards.
I have a 32mb Akai card that came with the MPC. Never had any problems with this one 4+years.
I have a 256mb Sandisk card. No issues with this as well 3+ years.
I used a 4gb Kingston card and had trouble with it in the past. If you see my post history I made the mistake of keeping this one around too long. The past few years I would turn on my MPC and there would be nothing on the card. So i do not recommend this one at all. It worked for 2 years, but dont take a chance on losing your work. This is probably the cheapest 4gb name brand CF card on the market so that probably is an indication its not intended for the type of storage we want or its just a cheaply made card.
I just got a 4gb Sandisk Ultra card which is going to be my main card for the time being. I read this thread all over the place and it has a great track record.
By y0da Wed May 11, 2016 8:37 pm
richie wrote:Yoda, I've been using the 4GB Sandisk Extreme III for years in my MPC 1000 without hassle or those issues man.

Maybe i had a bad vibes with this card haha vodoo thing idk shit man. I did everything formatted twice on pc and mpc and for me doesnt work.

@ major_tom Which brand u got mate ?

@ mumkai Mate i saw ur post damn its really shit lossing half the card :/. This mpc is really picky ! Like a hot lady !
I wish u that ur new Scandisk 4GB ultra works ! When do you receive it ?
By Lampdog Wed May 11, 2016 10:59 pm
major_tom wrote:im usin 64GB and 128GB CF solutions for years now. holla.

When showing dropbox pics try using the sharelink and choose the line that says IMG for forums. Paste it here and it should work. Ones you posted are broken because you linked from your account what you as a logged in used were doing, we can't access or see that from a direct logged in url.
By major_tom Wed May 11, 2016 11:03 pm
no i think thats something to do with your connection because i have been doing it this way for a while. im getting the pics on my 4G cell and thats not at my broadband IP address. not working for you?

my avatar is the same way
By mumkai Thu May 12, 2016 12:05 am
y0da wrote:
richie wrote:Yoda, I've been using the 4GB Sandisk Extreme III for years in my MPC 1000 without hassle or those issues man.

Maybe i had a bad vibes with this card haha vodoo thing idk **** man. I did everything formatted twice on pc and mpc and for me doesnt work.

@ major_tom Which brand u got mate ?

@ mumkai Mate i saw ur post damn its really **** lossing half the card :/. This mpc is really picky ! Like a hot lady !
I wish u that ur new Scandisk 4GB ultra works ! When do you receive it ?

I got it a week ago through amazon. When I got it, put it in the MPC, formatted quickly, read great. Transferred around 5 folders from PC, some with long .WAV files and it loaded with no problems. I feel it loads files a bit faster than the Kingston, but probably a couple seconds difference. We shall see if the card will stand test of time I guess.
By richie Thu May 12, 2016 2:46 am
@Mumkai what you can do is take both CF cards and do a i/o test on your computer to find out which one performs better and that 'feeling' you get will actually have finite proof you know?
By major_tom Thu May 12, 2016 4:25 am
major_tom wrote:im usin 64GB and 128GB CF solutions for years now. holla.

these are solid state, not conventional style hard drives... by the way. holla :smoker:
By Electronicaz Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:34 pm
My first mpc1000 is landing on Monday and I can't wait. I'm sure the 2gb card it's coming with will do to start with but I'll soon outgrow it. Would you say upgrading the card or installing a hard drive is going to be most cost effective /useful. I know, hard to say without knowing how much space I'm gonna need but I'd still like to know your thoughts. Thanks so much. :worthy:
By xhy0027 Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:35 am
Hello, I 'd like to share an experience , Although the problem I had merely happens.

after the crush of my MPC1000 ( The problem was found in memory,Please check the memory! )

then I bought at least 5 RAM sticks ( PC 133 144PIN CL3 SODIMM 256MB,SAMSUNG ,CRUCIAL and IBM ) ,unfortunately , still didn't work on my machine

I was desperate for days, then I notice that all the RAM stick I've bought have 8 banks on each side ,

the RAM I used to use is with 8banks which which means there are 4banks on each side,
then I bought 2 RAM the name of the brand is ELECOM, with 8 banks ,and finally it works !
By turnstile Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:16 pm
Link Depot 32GB Compact Flash Memory Card 500x LD-CF500-32G from Fry's is working in my 2500 ($30USD). Formatted it inside the MPC. Took about 3 mins to finish. Showing up at about 30,750M available. Haven't transferred any files via my Mac yet however.