Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By magnusson Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:50 pm
Just chiming in to say that I bought the A-tech RAM for my MPC1000 and had the same problem as DJ Popp and oaklandzzzoo. The MPC shows 128MB but gets stuck on the startup screen.
By paulkeeley Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:28 pm
mgofmc wrote:I just picked up one of these:

SanDisk Ultra 16GB Compact Flash Memory Card (50 mb/s)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GHBBK82

It's working fine, no problems.

I bought this exact same card recently and it is painfully slow and hangs often - basically unusable in my black silver-back 1k (the in-between the Blue and Full-black new-pad version). Just getting it to the format screen took a good 10 minutes. Running JJOS2XL, if that helps anyone.
By Luds Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:07 pm
paulkeeley wrote:
mgofmc wrote:I just picked up one of these:

SanDisk Ultra 16GB Compact Flash Memory Card (50 mb/s)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GHBBK82

It's working fine, no problems.

I bought this exact same card recently and it is painfully slow and hangs often - basically unusable in my black silver-back 1k (the in-between the Blue and Full-black new-pad version). Just getting it to the format screen took a good 10 minutes. Running JJOS2XL, if that helps anyone.

Same for me, baught a 32GB and a 8 GB version, after formatting both have troubles loading samples and programs etc... shame.
By ononeharbinger Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:52 am
_wheeljack_ wrote:happy to report a couple of working items. picked these up on amazon (i'm in canada), cheap, shipped quick, work like a charm on my 2500.

A-Tech components ram upgrade: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FM ... _at_prodpg

SanDisk Ultra 8GB: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GHB ... UTF8&psc=1

Ram: easy peezy install, everything working, no slowdowns, freezing etc.

CF: Formatted in the MPC without issue, loads/saves quick. access to all 8GB (both w/ akai os & jjos)

I just bought one and it might work for others but not for a 2500 with JJOS 128sp for the big LCD screen from MPCStuff
By y0da Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:34 am
Hello everyone !
I just bought a mpc 1000, the CF 128 MB card from Akai is working fine. But i need more space so i bought a Sandisk CF 64 GO :

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00Q4X ... UTF8&psc=1

But when i put it in the slot, it makes my mpc completly freeze then I wait a bit I can see that the mpc can recognise the CF after like 5 min but the Window button don't light up so i can't format the card. Also the mpc stay almost frozen, i can't access back to the main menu.

Any idea how to fix this please?
By mumkai Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:53 am
y0da wrote:Hello everyone !
I just bought a mpc 1000, the CF 128 MB card from Akai is working fine. But i need more space so i bought a Sandisk CF 64 GO :

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00Q4X ... UTF8&psc=1

But when i put it in the slot, it makes my mpc completly freeze then I wait a bit I can see that the mpc can recognise the CF after like 5 min but the Window button don't light up so i can't format the card. Also the mpc stay almost frozen, i can't access back to the main menu.

Any idea how to fix this please?

I think that card might be too big in storage. Also which OS youre running is a big factor. What you have seems to be a newer model card which intended more for digital cameras and there's built in software on the card, has stuff like auto sleep or shut off. Its probably compatibility issue between card and MPC CF drive. If your 128mb card works fine then rules out it might not be the CF drive. Can you test the 64gb card some where else i.e. camera, external reader to computer? I searched a lot of this thread and haven't passed too many posts about 64GB cards... I say stay in the 2-32gb range. 32gb max as there seems to be more problems the more storage on the card. There always exceptions as Sandisk Ultra II (notice the II) seems to have a good track record with cards 8, 16 and 32GB.

Ive recovered some Card brands and models with positive results from this thread:

Transcend 2-4GB 133x, 80x is risky
Sandisk Ultra 2-4GB
SanDisk Ultra II 2-8GB
Lexar Platinum II 200x
Kingston Elite Pro 8-16GB 133x

i just got this but have yet to try it out. Its gotten a lot of good reviews on here.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Compact-F ... ge_o00_s00

Also, I say try to avoid buying used or from China. Hope this helps!
By y0da Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:08 pm
Hey Mumkai !

Thanks for your quick answer !
The MPC is currently working on JJOS 2XL 3.51. I'm sure it's not about the RAM (128MO) cause it's working with the Akai 128 MO CF.
So now when i Put the Ultra 64 GB, i'm able to see the storage and to acess the format menu but when i format it, it takes forever and dont seem to finish. Then I tried to connect the mpc via usb to see if the card is showing up on the computer but its not, where as with the Akai one it's working.

I orderer a Usb CF card reader, so i'll be able to try to format it on the computer, maybe it'll work.

And by following your advices I ordered a Kingston Elite pro 133x 16 GB. I hope this one will works directly :D.

http://www.amazon.com/Guang-Kingston-El ... ro+16+133x

Also i was thinking maybe if the Sandisk Extreme doesnt work in the CF reader maybe I could try it with the HDM 10 Kit.

I'll keep in touch to say which ones is working so people don't have the same problem :D.
By mumkai Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:52 pm
y0da wrote:
So now when i Put the Ultra 64 GB, i'm able to see the storage and to acess the format menu but when i format it, it takes forever and dont seem to finish. .

Yeah what youre saying sounds like the card isnt compatible, but you might want to try and wait it out. the CF reader isnt all that quality in the MPC and 64gb is ALOT of storage so might just take a while to format. I say give it like at least 30min. This may be extreme, but if it takes more than 30-45 minutes to format then you can def just rule out its compatibility issue. But you never know it could format and then work fine after formatting.
By y0da Mon May 02, 2016 6:19 pm
mumkai wrote:Yeah what youre saying sounds like the card isnt compatible, but you might want to try and wait it out. the CF reader isnt all that quality in the MPC and 64gb is ALOT of storage so might just take a while to format. I say give it like at least 30min. This may be extreme, but if it takes more than 30-45 minutes to format then you can def just rule out its compatibility issue. But you never know it could format and then work fine after formatting.

So Finally I followed your advice and waiting the formating. Well it worked but I have only 43 Gb available from the 64 GB. And its damn slow. When I try to load samples in to the flash Ram it freeze a lot.
I think this CF is definitly not compatible.

So I'll wait for the Kingston 16 GB to try out.

I'll keep in touch.
By richie Tue May 03, 2016 9:55 pm
Do not bother buying any "name brand" CF's from sellers in China. Nothing coming from there is legitimate. You're better off searching locally on craigslist for someone that sells old camera equipment and has them for sale. Personally, I use a 16GB Sandisk Extreme in my 1000 and have never had problems.

If you're able to only format 43GB of a 64GB CF, chances are that the CF isn't even 64gb in the first place and you got ripped off with a fake, either that or one of the nand chips in the CF is malfunctioning.
By y0da Wed May 04, 2016 11:59 am
richie wrote:Do not bother buying any "name brand" CF's from sellers in China. Nothing coming from there is legitimate. You're better off searching locally on craigslist for someone that sells old camera equipment and has them for sale. Personally, I use a 16GB Sandisk Extreme in my 1000 and have never had problems.

If you're able to only format 43GB of a 64GB CF, chances are that the CF isn't even 64gb in the first place and you got ripped off with a fake, either that or one of the nand chips in the CF is malfunctioning.

Well it's definitly not a fake I bought it on Amazon.fr !
When i format it on windows it takes 2 second whereas on MPC it takes 30 min .... I guess i'll give it again another try but well it loaded samples and program really damn slow and sometimes freezing.

And it seems that i'm not the only on in this case since I have read others posts before with same issues on Scandisk CF and others also.

By the way did you format your CF Scandisk 16 GB Extreme in the MPC? Was it quick? Does it work perfectly now in the mpc ? I mean without slowing, freezing.
By richie Wed May 04, 2016 8:09 pm
@y0da unfortunately that is where you're wrong. It is possible to buy fakes from Amazon as not every thing they have for sale is fulfilled by Amazon directly. There are a lot of private sellers, much from China as well. I've personally purchased stuff that ended up being fake, I contacted Amazon and got my refund as they've had complaints about this stuff before.

I forgmatted the CF in the MPC, it took like 2 seconds at most to do. No slowing down, freezing. I've had other CF cards in the past through testing that would screw up just like you described. Some of them would not even load when I turned on the MPC, the screen would show random characters and lines. Part of it also has to do with the type of card reader you are using. I've had startech card readers that would absolutely not read certain CF's but then my other card reader read everything just fine.
By y0da Fri May 06, 2016 7:44 pm
@ richie Well I get what you mean but how are you sure it's bad chinese CF when it's Amazn which sells it directly and the brand is Sandisk. Kinda strange.

When i use it with the computer it works perfectly but not with mpc so i don't think its a fake one I think it's more about compatibility.

But thanks for your reply and advices man :)
By richie Fri May 06, 2016 10:22 pm
@y0da when you purchase an item on Amazon. It will say 'Fulfilled by Amazon" if Amazon actually stocks it directly from Sandisk.

If it does not say "Fulfilled by Amazon" then it is being sold to you by a 3rd party seller, often from China. There are countless comments on Amazon about people buying fakes as well.

If your card is not fake, then great - it would have to do with the compatibility.
By y0da Mon May 09, 2016 3:57 pm
@ richie Thanks for the information, well i checked and it says fullfilled by Amazon.
I'm trying to format it again on the computer will try to fix this. Damn The mpc is really picky one !