Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By SKUMBAG Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:53 am
yeh i got the sandisk 1gig CF, a few weeks back i got a 128 stick of ram (hyundai i think- maybe samsung- i smoke too much) but when i installed it said only 64megs so i returned it . CHEERS now i know why it didnt , looks like i'll have to get the AKAI ram- if i dont buy another Oz.

By Penfold Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:11 pm
SKUMBAG wrote:yeh i got the sandisk 1gig CF, a few weeks back i got a 128 stick of ram (hyundai i think- maybe samsung- i smoke too much) but when i installed it said only 64megs so i returned it . CHEERS now i know why it didnt , looks like i'll have to get the AKAI ram- if i dont buy another Oz.

HAHAHA! U need to stop smoking for a sec and read this thread properly cause obviously u missed the importnant part. where is mentions u buy a 256mb stick or ram not 128, cause the mpc only read on side of the memory stick.

By Penfold Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:11 pm
tdot wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6761045822&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

woukd this work??\\

because i am getting impatient and want to buy ram asap

I have not looked, but if it is the same 'spec' as what we have mentioned then YES.

Edit...I have looked at it and NO! this will not work, why is it so hard for u to read spec?

By tdot Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:58 pm
it says "256 MB OF RAM, PC 133"

then on the package it says sodimm cl3 and that was pretty much the exact same thing as in antonyms sig

By sparq Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:03 am
penfold wrote:Edit...I have looked at it and NO! this will not work, why is it so hard for u to read spec?

yo son, you are mad funny.

tdot wrote:it says "256 MB OF RAM, PC 133"
then on the package it says sodimm cl3 and that was pretty much the exact same thing as in antonyms sig

tdot,

it has to say 256mb pc133 144pin SODIMM. what you were looking at on ebay is 168 pin for a desktop. the one we use is laptop memory.

By Penfold Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:34 am
blind mofu's!

By Penfold Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:45 pm
BUMP!

By trendsetter Tue May 03, 2005 11:14 am
kingston 256 mb easy to put in and only $40. You guys on this forum saved me 100 dollars. I'll mail out your checks later. (I sound like some of these A & R's in the game)

By tiger vomitt Wed May 11, 2005 6:18 am
i just hooked up the kingston RAM, works like it should. $35 on ebay

the RAM test (if anyone should want to run it and doesnt know how) is done by starting up while holding down play

By sparq Thu May 12, 2005 2:36 am
trendsetter wrote:kingston 256 mb easy to put in and only $40. You guys on this forum saved me 100 dollars. I'll mail out your checks later. (I sound like some of these A & R's in the game)

All ram fit the same way. if it's easy for one brand it's easy for every brand.
Last edited by sparq on Fri May 13, 2005 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Penfold Thu May 12, 2005 8:58 am
I'm thinking sparq, how should we organise this thread better?
make it more simple for heads to get to grips with...

By nightvoyager Thu May 12, 2005 9:31 pm
Using the Akai 128MB memory (Came free with my MPC1000!!), and I have 4 2GB SanDisk CF's.. :wink:

I bought a high-speed 4GB Kingston CF I'm going to try this weekend.

I wonder if the MPC will recognize 4GB CF's???

B 8)

By sparq Fri May 13, 2005 1:09 am
nightvoyager wrote:Using the Akai 128MB memory (Came free with my MPC1000!!), and I have 4 2GB SanDisk CF's.. :wink:

I bought a high-speed 4GB Kingston CF I'm going to try this weekend.

I wonder if the MPC will recognize 4GB CF's???

B 8)

do a search, this was brought up before.

the mpc 1000 uses a FAT16 file format system. FAT16 can only support up to 2GB

By sparq Fri May 13, 2005 1:16 am
Penfold wrote:I'm thinking sparq, how should we organise this thread better?
make it more simple for heads to get to grips with...

Man..... i don't know. we explained it in every way possible. either people don't want to hear what we are trying to tell them or they think if they keep asking, the answers will change.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
this is for everyone else now, if you just read what is stated in the first two posts of this thread by Penfold and myself, that is it, nothing else, no further guess work. the first two posts sums this topic up. anyt other questions about this topic is just reaching. please read then re-read the posts.