Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By krush777 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:26 pm
josephnicks wrote:i formatted my 160GB HDD with JJOS1 and its showed about 132GB. i installed the akai OS available at akaipro.com and formatted and its showed 149GB available.. after transferring what felt like thousands upon thousands of drum hits and other various sounds.. i realize that i might never come close to filling up this 160GB HDD.. maybe a 40gb HDD would have worked just fine if i could have found one for a few bucks.. oh well

I just had the same experience. The 160GB drive was only $10 more than the 80GB and I could not pass up doubling the capacity for only $10 more. But I did buy an external case at the same time. When I find a 40Gb drive that is cheap, I am going to put it in my MPC and make the 160GB into an external drive.
By dj beau Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:07 pm
sparq wrote:
Rico_Suave wrote:Isn't 40 to 120GB too da*n much for a hard drive to put on a sample?, can someone please shed me some light about that

thanks in advance
HUH???

i think you got the whole concept of this hard drive all wrong. the hard drive is to store your samples and seqs and pgms on instead of you CF card. you would be able to use both. they way that i will use it is keep EVERYTHING on the hard drive and only use the CF card if i go to someone else's setup then i will transfer what i need from the hard drive to the CF card and bounce.

i wish they just put a usb port on the mpc i got a 64 gig stick i would have liked to use
By josephnicks Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 pm
dj beau wrote:why buy a hd? i just copy to my pc via usb or cf

i take my mpc with me to several studios.. so its nice to have all my drums at hand, installed into the mpc hd..
By Compton Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:59 pm
I just bought HDD western digital - WD2500BEVE 250 gb. But my mpc 1000 didn't load even an OS. Like mpc is just beeing jammed and stuck in one point. What's the problem?Maybe it's because too much gb?
By quietizkept Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:07 pm
It won't be because of the size. Does the drive spin up? I ganked one out of a slightly newer broken laptop than the one I took my first hard drive out of --- caused the same problem. The drive was dead. It IS possible you got a DOA drive, though improbable. WD and Seagate are the best.
By quietizkept Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:32 pm
God, it's been so long, I don't remember: did you read the OS installation instructions from AKAI? You might have to do it from a cf card?
By nomind Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:47 pm
Hello, Im checking out harddrives and i want to get this one or the other, not sure the diff between oem and sata and if that makes a diff, but it gots 2.5 and doesnt say about the 44 pin so i dont know.....any help thanks, (id rather go with the 160 for $40 then 80 for $50.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-S ... =pd_cp_e_1 (im sure this will be fine but its the second one i want to get i think....)

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-W ... 00_04_t_lh

Thanks yall