Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By Antonym Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:33 pm
that's what (24 max) would suggest...

other mpcs can only hold 1 pgm. i rarely use more than 10 anymore.

By pad-ophiliac Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:54 pm
wow.

By Antonym Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:05 pm
pad-ophiliac wrote:wow.

i know, man. i know.

By Josheldominicano Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:14 pm
k thx

and dam guys give me a chance am new to this shit

By Antonym Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:28 pm
as far as i'm concerned, having the recources to be able to buy an mpc1000 was chance enough. especially because the machine comes with the manual/manual is online for the public.

By es-k Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:29 pm
doesnt matter how new you are, dog.. its commen sense tho .. feel me?

prog. directory full (24 max) is pretty god damn self explanitory...

By sparq Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:33 pm
dude, if you think about it, there should be no reason to even use 24 pgms for 1 beat. if you have 16 pads x 4 banks per program that's 64 samples per program you can have. (that's not including layering then you would have to add 4 samples per pad times 16 pads times 4 banks allegedlygiving you a whopping 256 samples per program) so to use 24 programs is just so...........

By Antonym Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:39 pm
sparq wrote:dude, if you think about it, there should be no reason to even use 24 pgms for 1 beat. if you have 16 pads x 4 banks per program that's 64 samples per program you can have. (that's not including layering then you would have to add 4 samples per pad times 16 pads times 4 banks allegedlygiving you a whopping 256 samples per program) so to use 24 programs is just so...........

good to see you back. how's the family?

By es-k Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:54 pm
sparq wrote: so to use 24 programs is just so...........

stupid

By Josheldominicano Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:55 pm
iight then thx for the help guys

By sparq Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:19 pm
Antonym wrote:
sparq wrote:dude, if you think about it, there should be no reason to even use 24 pgms for 1 beat. if you have 16 pads x 4 banks per program that's 64 samples per program you can have. (that's not including layering then you would have to add 4 samples per pad times 16 pads times 4 banks allegedlygiving you a whopping 256 samples per program) so to use 24 programs is just so...........

good to see you back. how's the family?
everything is good nym, thanks.

By distortedtekno Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:34 pm
sparq, get ready for that pong tournament!
good to see you back.
8)

By sparq Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:03 pm
distortedtekno wrote:sparq, get ready for that pong tournament!
good to see you back.
8)
yeah, when i saw that i kinda bugged out. that's crazy.
By Pikazo Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:43 pm
Kind of annoyed with everyone not offering good advice just saying your a maniac for needing more programs. Or you shouldnt need more than 24 programs for a beat. Clearly 24 is enough for one project. But I play my mpc at shows and play my beats live. Some of my beats have 2 programs or more. I run out of programs very often, usually im only able to load around 6 or 7 projects. Is there a way around this? How can i load more projects or can I increase the ram and be able to have more programs? there must be a way around this. thanks in advance.