Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By HerbertH Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:01 pm
Hi,

when I am playing a multisample and use the sustain pedal, the sounds will sustain but not stop when I release the pedal. I tried modifying all settings int the "Others" section to no avail.

The pedal is actually the pedal from an e-piano connected to the MPC. everything else works fine, the pedal also works perfect on the build-in e-piano sounds.

BTW: does someone know a good source for multisamples / instrumental sounds for the MPC 1000 (preferrably - of course - free)? I have collected good drumsounds and breaks but I am missing out some "bread an butter" sounds, like the occasional keyboard, bass or guitar sound. And its so much work to get that ol' sample cd and distribute the samples to the pads with bluebox...

Cheers
HH

By HerbertH Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:49 pm
This is driving me nuts. In step edit I can see the following:

When "Sustain pedal to duration" (Other-> Misc) is set to "Yes":

Durations are properly adjusted by pedal action and therefore everything is fine on playback. But while recording, the samples are still being sustained to the max once I hit the pedal.

"Sustain pedal to duration: No":

No sound alteration by sustain pedal in playback whatsover. Although I can see recorded "CC: 64 Dam. Pedal" messages in step edit.

By HerbertH Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:29 am
I emailed Akai Support (in Germany) and I did actually get a quick reply.

However, the outcome is not pleasing for me, since this behaviour is by design. The MPC 1000 does not have a release parameter for the amp envelope. Therefore the sample will continue to play if one releases the damper pedal.

I find this very unsatisfying. Does someone know, if the JJ OS acts any different in this respect?

HH