Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By tiger vomitt Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:50 am
has anyone compared the newer red electribe sampler to an mpc1000? the korg looks kinda like a toy IMO, but sometimes toys can be good.... :twisted:

By LabWorkz Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:29 pm
Who would want that over the MPC 1000! Maybe if u start producin yesterday then u should get the red electribe sampler! It doesn't matter what equipment looks like what matter's iz if u know how to use that b!tch ya feel me!

By big-slick Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:28 pm
that's right boy

Byeuterke Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:59 am
I can't compare both unit right now - I don't have a mpc1k... waiting for mine.

But the Korg ESx sound terrific with a lot of differents functions compare to an mpc (I'd owned a MPC4k for 1 1/2 year).

It's an handy piece to have in a studio.

By tiger vomitt Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:10 am
do they sound real beefy like the mpc's? i kinda get the impression they sound a little bit lo-fi, like in a bad way (i only heard the older one real briefly thru headphones at a noisy music store)

thanks!!

By Needle201 Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:10 am
i own the old electribe s. it not really that bad. sound quality is limited to only 32khz, which may be the lofi you heard.
the great thing about the Electribe samplers is the immediacy of use. want to have a sound reversed?, push the reverse button for that sound. etc. want a weird effect on a sound? just push one button and here you go..
Its nice and fast, but in a way also quite limited, for you only have a few sounds to play with at the same time. I guess the new red one is similar.
i know cats though, who do all their stuff on that little thing.

Byeuterke Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:37 pm
I had the old es-1, and it was really limited, sound quality, 4 measures, sound fx, no LFO, No Arpegiator, sound bank size, outputs, etc.

This one is SO much more...

It could be the best friend of the MPC1k after a laptop...
By LabWorkz Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:25 pm
It might be GOOD but it can't f!ck wit the MPC 1000!

By tiger vomitt Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:34 am
i just tried one out, and the mpc1000 at stupid a$$ guitar center

the electribe was ok, it does some cool things that arent based around drums specifically (like it has an arpeggiator etc). i was right in front of the speaker it was plugged into.. i thought the low end was nice and the highs were actually a little more defined than the mpc. the tube section across the master out was ok. when i was listening to someone else fück with it when i was done from across the rooom i thought the whole thing sounded kinda harsh. the real deal killer for that machine is that you can hook it up to a computer to get at all yer samples. you have to resample em in there or get some cf card reader. STOOPID!

the mpc1000 was definitely nicer. the pads needed a good pounding to pick up lower velocities, which i didnt really dig (i know the pad sensitivity is adjustable). the low end is real nice but the treble seemed a little dark, can anyone verify that please????

the mpc's reverb sounded way cheesy, not a good thing. definitely not as nice as the eb16's reverb (which aint all that great either). this was only on the demo sequences, so maybe in moderation the reverb sounds better. the rock demo in it is absolutely retarded. the first hip hop demo beat was ok, u figure theyd put a little more work into showcasing their product better.

all in all the mpc sounded really beefy and good.

i also tried out a roland mc909 and was sorta stunned at how good it sounded right away. totally different beast tho.. anyone here try one?

By rivesman Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:02 am
to ask if machines are better than others does not have much sense. The ideas of the musico are worth more than any mark of maquina. I had one roland mc-909 with 256 mb of ram and sounded very well, but she does not have porqué to compare itself to a MPC-1000. They are very different between if. if you worry to me, I will say to you that akai sounds dirtier than roland, and that can cause that akai sounds more I authenticate, and is not as artificial as roland. question of pleasures. Nothing else.
greetings they rivesman