Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By Mr modnaR Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:01 pm
lol. I was waiting for this! I've just moved, so i'll not have a chance for a while. Anyone else is more than welcome to have a go! Sorry about that. Peace.

By Hippotron Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:43 am
No worries bro,

I just noticed in the JJ forum that Stan Steez has posted one.

By jaimiefanatic Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:58 pm
i purchased my mpc1000 just a day ago in toronto canada and when i started it up, it said.. OS 3.07 .. is this a JJ os??

By primebeatz Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:43 pm
jaimiefanatic wrote:i purchased my mpc1000 just a day ago in toronto canada and when i started it up, it said.. OS 3.07 .. is this a JJ os??

Yes it is

By sdsteez Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:35 am
pretty much the same on the 2500?

By QuaA Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:14 am
now we got JJ OSv2 ! ... that picture is gonna need to get a bit taller...

Re:

By stan steez Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:27 pm
Hippotron wrote:No worries bro,

I just noticed in the JJ forum that Stan Steez has posted one.

My chart was based on this one in here, I just took what has been there already and put everything else in there that was missing.
By Chackosh Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:27 pm
Hi,

I am new here but I have been reading posts on here for a couple of days, dope site heaps of info.

I should get my 1k on the 17th or 18th (hopefully), I want to get the JJ OS asap though because I heard it is "king shit" and the price is rising on the 15th

My question is this

I have already dled the free version of the JJOS (I will install that straight away) to get the JJ OS2 will I need to pay $30 (then install) for the OS1 and another $39 for the OS2?

So I basically need to pay $69? (probs a bit more than that because I live in Aust)

I realize I am just paying for a password and the ability to save files plus added functionality etc... I have looked at the comparison chart but i would rather somebody who has used both give me advice on which OS I should get.

I thought posting this here would be better than starting a new thread.

I hope the transition from software to hardware is not overwhelming, ill always use software because of how easy it is to use but I think it was time to get a 1k

Thanks in advance
By apricotandpearjam Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:51 am
Hi.

What does it mean by audio tracks on the JJOS?

I know that in the 2500 and newer versions you can record live audio in, but in order to get it to play back the sequence has to be stopped.

Is that what this means for the 1000?

It would be great if the live audio could be looped without having to stop the sequence.

Cheers, Ben :)
By namotu Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:07 am
and it says you can't autochop on the regular akai OS.

can't you just load a sample and chop shop it into 16 different pieces on the akai os?