Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By detomasso Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:28 pm
Mr modnaR wrote:
elektrik_muz wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't input thru implemented in V2?

anyone confirm this?

yes Input Thru is implemented in 2.1. I use this feature with my virtual analogue synth every day.

By RozzBox-User Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:35 pm
RozzBox-User wrote:grid edit and audio tracks are missing on the 3.06 tabel.

3.06 does have them.

hi my fould, grid edit must be global program edit, and the latest 4 tracks are audio tracks on 3.06

By Mr modnaR Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:16 pm
djobserv wrote:wheres the autochromatic in 3.06?? i dont think its included in the free version......

not sure though, im looking through the manual on the jj site....

you're right, apologies, i'll get it fixed asap.

By Mr modnaR Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:17 pm
RozzBox-User wrote:
RozzBox-User wrote:grid edit and audio tracks are missing on the 3.06 tabel.

3.06 does have them.

hi my fould, grid edit must be global program edit, and the latest 4 tracks are audio tracks on 3.06

thanks.

By TBonus76 Tue May 01, 2007 3:03 am
This isn't very importanat, but I think that the file corruption was also an issue in 1.07. I recall a few users who were running 1.07 who had symptoms of file corruption. I don't think that AKAI changed the formating from 1.07 to 2.01.

By Antonym Tue May 01, 2007 3:16 am
yaeh i think i remember that too

By Mr modnaR Tue May 01, 2007 6:07 am
you sure? i seem to remember it all started with the new os 2.0 cos of all the new stuff they put in. i've never used an akai os, so i can't be 100% on that, but i seem to remember it. if we can get a third confirmation on that, i'll change it. thanks

By Antonym Tue May 01, 2007 1:24 pm
there was no new folder bug, but i think i remember directory error which would result in corrupted data. hopefully someone else willl step up and confirm that.

By elektrik_muz Tue May 01, 2007 5:35 pm
While I don't have any reason to believe 1.07 was perfect, we do know for a fact that Akai changed the format routine with V2, otherwise V1 would be able to support a drive larger than 2 gigs.

There may have been problems here and there but I also do not remember the file corruption issue really coming to a head until after V2 was released.

By TBonus76 Wed May 02, 2007 2:16 am
Could be... I'm not 100% anyway... doesn't really matter, but I thought that 1.07 supported 2GB CF cards... I just always kinda thought that the corruption was always there, but it wasn't really recognized as such until later (partially due to the fact that it started out with a directory error here and there which was remedied by a re-save, and it took a while before files started to disappear and system errors started to pop up....)

By elektrik_muz Wed May 02, 2007 2:43 am
TBonus76 wrote: I thought that 1.07 supported 2GB CF cards...

1.07 will indeed support any hard disk or CF drive up to 2gigs, but no larger. This is a limitation of the FAT16 file format that it uses. Any computer device that uses FAT16 has this limitation. It's Windows 3.1 level technology. 2.1 is supposed to be some form of FAT32.

By Shin Wed May 02, 2007 5:35 pm
So, input thru IS in fact in 2.1, is it in 3.06?

By Mr modnaR Wed May 02, 2007 7:03 pm
Shin wrote:So, input thru IS in fact in 2.1, is it in 3.06?

thanks Shin, can i get someone else to confirn that?

By Jessiah Thu May 03, 2007 7:36 am
Creator of the "Jessiah Glitch" here... lol :)

It works on most every MPC i believe (including OS's). Please contact me if you have any questions about how it works, or the mysteries behind it.

Also, good looks for including it in your comparison! Its definitely a strange, but useful glitch. You can make any sample (including drums!!!) sound super grungy 12bit style with it. And its weird how it even works! Anyway, good looks. Anyone can hit me here if you have questions:

[email protected]