Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By jocks Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:36 pm
hi everyone,
as far as I can see in mpc1000 & mpc2000xl manuals, the 2kXL has more velocity modulations than the 1k. to me velocity controlled attack time and sample start are important for dynamic drum playing. are those modulations planned for any updated OS for the mpc1k ?
that's what will guide my future buy anyway

By Needle201 Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:24 am
Can you give a more detailed example what you mean by "velocity modulations" in the MPC? I have never heard of modulated velocities. You mean the 2kXL pads are more responsive?

By thynctank Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:26 am
The 1k does have velocity-controlled filter, attack, decay controls, etc. They're accessible by opening a window over the Level field of a pad in Program mode.

-tank.

By mpc3000 Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:18 am
"The 1k does have velocity-controlled filter, attack, decay controls, etc"

Actually it only has Vel->Amp Level and Vel-> Filter Level.

This is pretty thin compared to the former models.

By jocks Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:08 pm
mpc3000 wrote:"The 1k does have velocity-controlled filter, attack, decay controls, etc"

Actually it only has Vel->Amp Level and Vel-> Filter Level.

This is pretty thin compared to the former models.

hi mpc3000,
that is what can be seen in the manual, but has anyone checked this out hands on the mpc1k? I went to a store here in sweden, but there are no mpc1k's available here yet for testing. :( they think it is has a mpc2kXL engine with fewer outs and different FX. could it simply be that the first manual version is incomplete...?

By six-wax Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:00 pm
um, yes, confirmed personally on a real mpc1k. :shock:

By mpc3000 Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:29 pm
"but has anyone checked this out hands on the mpc1k?"

I would not say it without being 100%, seeing how I have had one since release day 1.

By jocks Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:20 pm
mpc3000 wrote:"but has anyone checked this out hands on the mpc1k?"

I would not say it without being 100%, seeing how I have had one since release day 1.

ok, thanks for that info!
that clears the picture for me about the mpc1k compared to mpc2kXL. but I'm also planning to buy an old S-3000XL from a friend, and it could do the drum stuff for me. the thing is, I have an old eps16+ with loads of private drum samples that utilize the velocity-controlled sample start function.
I will test the sequencer, to see if it works like the composing method I had with my old trusty Atari 1024ste and Creator pattern sequencer.
/jocke