Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
Byintropy Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:58 pm
I thought it might be handy if people post some of their tips and tricks (or cool functions) on the mpc1k. By now people should be getting pretty acclaimated with the os and navigation so any shortcuts would help us that are just getting use to it.

-intropy-
Byintropy Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:02 pm
aaron_bliss wrote:is this the same intropy from Baltimore?
DJ Intropy? the Arrd Core 2 stepper?

No sir. Ive never seen anyone with the same nick....damn now i gotta find something else :)

Byintropy Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:09 pm
I guess no one has any tips but I heard you can change the viewing angle of the screen through an option...anyone know how to do that. Is it just contrast?

-intropy-

By effekt Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:38 am
It is just the contrast.
hold[SHIFT] + turn the DATA wheel
By Roopesh Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:09 am
dont use the wheel...its a forever process...

just tap on NUMERIC and then enter a number with the pads...or a digit only to make movements on the actual sample.

its really fast to work with.

By colonyrecords Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:22 am
If u wanna scroll fast in trim mode, hold down shift and move the cursor (digit button) to the left to the 100,000 part or wherever u want. Then just turn the data wheel like normal and the shit moves as fast as u want.
By co2 Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:45 am
thank god :D

very good to know that... thx :wink:

By mpc3000 Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:32 pm
"very good to know that..."

Everything posted here is already in the manual. Anyone have undocumented tips?
By aarkane Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:13 am
...and after reading the manual and finding a faster way, I now know that my SHIFT button does not work. I've only have not had the 1000 for a full week yet and want to exchange it for a new one. Mine has also crashed while saving and loading programs a couple times.