Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By cavr00 Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:18 am
ok, I got a 3200XL rack sampler years ago and I'm finally moving on to the MPC-land...I'm leaning towards the 1000 for size, features, and price....but haven't ruled out the 2000XL...
...with the 3200XL, I got into using Recycle to slice up and send to the sampler...ya know each Recylcle slice to a note/key...very simple and coolway to start messin...
But since the 1000 has no SCSI, I don't think I'd be able to work this way...
THE QUESTION: with the 1000, what methods are available to take a long sound file/sample, slice it up, and assign it to the pads? I imagine you can set ranges within a sample and assign those to the pads? Are there any Recycle-esque slice and dice features in the 1000 (or 2000XL for that matter)

Total sub-newbie question, but anyone got anything to say on this subject?
thx,
cavr>>

By mpc3000 Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:18 pm
I am adding a Recycle import feature to the MPC1000 Program Creator right now.

By Clark Flavour Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:44 pm
Lazy ass skunk. Get Cool Edit, chop up that sample, and import them to your MPC. THE MPC READS .WAV YOU KNOW!!!

By aaron_bliss Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:50 pm
mpc3000 wrote:I am adding a Recycle import feature to the MPC1000 Program Creator right now.

Thanks much for creating this for all to use. let us know as soon as its completed!

Thanks!

By dirge Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:42 pm
Clark Flavour wrote:Lazy **** skunk. Get Cool Edit, chop up that sample, and import them to your MPC. THE MPC READS .WAV YOU KNOW!!!

yup. I use cool edit for it too. Its a lot faster if you have a long sample and want quite a few things. Then re-import to the MPC.

By cybernaga595 Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:40 pm
mpc3000 wrote:I am adding a Recycle import feature to the MPC1000 Program Creator right now.

Hey any chance of making you MPC editor Mac OS X compatible? The current one for mac isnt as good as yours [not all features you have, it has].