Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By 52ftBuddha Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:26 am
For anyone who may know, can I use the 1gig IBM microdrive in the MPC1K? Having researched the speed of CF cards It seems this option is one of the fastest load and write for file transfer. Oh and for those that have yet to buy a cf card, this option is a deal Flash Memory Store has them for $174 and $20 less with a rebate. 1gig

Thanks in advance

Rob

By six-wax Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:59 pm
since everything has to be loaded into local memory to run, the speed of the Flash RAM shouldn't be so consequential. In principal, any Type II should work.

However, I have read a couple reviews by people who have said that the IBM Microdrives have failed on them. After my last round of IBM IDE hardrives failed early, I won't buy a gawdamm thang from those kids...

Keep us appraised on any good deals you find.

By effekt Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:09 pm
For anyone who may know, can I use the 1gig IBM microdrive in the MPC1K? Having researched the speed of CF cards It seems this option is one of the fastest load and write for file transfer.
It is not the CF card that is slowing down the LOAD/SAVE process, it is the MPC1000. So inserting a microdrive instead of CF cards, will not change anything.

And I agree with SIX-WAX, the IBM microdrives fail often, more often then the CF cards. So if you wanna be safe, use the CF cards.

By Bruno Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:55 pm
Can anyone inform me of any CF type II card other than microdrive???
I was aiming to buy it but since it is not a good option, which shopuld i choose???
Where (on-line) can I find it??

By Bruno Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:58 pm
nevermind, already went to the flash memory store
thax

By Agent725 Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:56 pm
I also had the same question,
I see SanDisk, has a card called Ultra II, is this the same as type II?
I couldnt find anymore info on this. and they are having a Memory Card Sale at Amazon.com for any one who is interested. 01/18/04

By dirge Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:45 pm
Agent725 wrote:I also had the same question,
I see SanDisk, has a card called Ultra II, is this the same as type II?
I couldnt find anymore info on this. and they are having a Memory Card Sale at Amazon.com for any one who is interested. 01/18/04

I asked the guy at Best Buy yesterday if the sandisks they had were Type II and he said that they were.

Good luck.

d

By tiger vomitt Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:29 pm
make sure you can return it if it doesnt work. i bought a sandisk 512MB CF card yesterday and it didnt work. in fact, now it actually freezes the mpc when i try to use it.

By Agent725 Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:05 am
yeah I am still ify about buying one online and then having to go through the hassle of bringing it back

By dirge Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:35 am
tiger vomitt wrote:make sure you can return it if it doesnt work. i bought a sandisk 512MB CF card yesterday and it didnt work. in fact, now it actually freezes the mpc when i try to use it.

lemme know if you get a sandisk to work! i almost bought one the other day.

By tiger vomitt Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:02 am
yeah that sandisk was a piece of junk. i tried it again last night and it just froze the mpc fo real

i returned it today for a fuji 256MB card and at least so far it works great

bestbuy doesnt carry 512 fuji's

NOTE TO EVERYONE - AVOID THEM SANDISK CF CARDS!

i think they worked for a couple of peoples, but it's such a pain to have to take the risk...just get a fuji i read here that's what akai uses on their own mpc1000's

By Agent725 Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:17 am
wow I found one of the Simple Techs 256 megs for like $60.
that sounds really cheap

By six-wax Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:40 pm
links to good deals, please?

the cf2 cards are hella hard to find.