Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By six-wax Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:28 pm
damn, are Type II cards ever hard to find.

By tiger vomitt Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:52 pm
theyre not hard to findl. you need to look for them outside of asking on this forum to find it tho

they sell em at most electronics store like best buy, circuit city, etc

there's also http://www.flash-memory-store.com/

not to mention the 4 billion of em being sold on ebay

By Agent725 Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:09 pm
I went to Best Buy and bought a FUJI FILM 128 MB card, the salesman said it was the same thing as a type II( the guy there really didnt know what he was talking about) and now im getting a write error :(

By six-wax Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:53 am
tiger vomitt wrote:theyre not hard to findl. you need to look for them outside of asking on this forum to find it tho

they sell em at most electronics store like best buy, circuit city, etc

there's also http://www.flash-memory-store.com/

not to mention the 4 billion of em being sold on ebay

I'm going to ignore the first part of the message where you're being a little message-board tool...

...and just say 'Thanks!' for the link! :D

yet, alas, the only Type II cards I can find on that site are either very small or the undesirable IBM microdrives... try again?

By Agent725 Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:21 am
Ok now that my FujiFilm card has officially froze on my MPC with out any way for me to get my info off of it, (with a card reader hopefully I can save it) let me ask this, has anybody bought a card that has successfully worked on the MPC? if so could you please pass on the info thanks

By six-wax Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:28 am
btw-- SanDisk "Ultra II" cf cards are actually *Type I* form factor.

(Hint: I'm not just being lazy; they're actually pretty tough to find.)

is the adapter the way to go? I don't really think I want this thing jutting out the front...

By tiger vomitt Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:48 pm
the $25 card reader i got is an external thing. it attaches by a USB cable into the side of my qwerty keyboard. i could plug it into any USB port. i dont know yet if it is any safer data-wise than the mpc's USB implementation. it definitely is faster tho, by a lot. they also sell a ton of them on ebay with buy it now for like $4 (they were all charging another $10 for shipping tho)

im still trying to get my loaded in files to sound like they did when i saved em.. :roll: