Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
ByBLuE_Lu Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:21 pm
Hi,
This is my first post here - after I did some serious reading through most of the posts I ran to my musicstore and tried the new mpc1000 and have to admit that it really is cooler and more musical to hammer in the beats on those little pads than clicking and arranging samples in Logic.

Just one thing that holds me off of buying one right away is the fact that I'd also like to use the mpc live in a band setting, to fire of samples/sequences during a song. Unfortunately I'm the (pretty busy)guitarist and will definatley NOT have the time to tap the tempo during a song. My question is - is it possible to set up a midi trigger for the drummer on his drum set to tap the tempo on the mpc1000?
And is it possible to start a sequence/sample using a midi foot controler like the Behringer FC1010?

Thanks for any info,
BluE

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:32 am
According to the manual, you can assign the following functions to footswitches:

PLAY START It works the same as the PLAY START key.
PLAY It works the same as the PLAY key.
STOP It works the same as the STOP key.
PLAY/STOP When you step on the switch in stop mode, the MPC1000 will start the playback.
When you step on the switch in play mode, the MPC1000 will stop the playback.
REC+PLAY It works as the same when you press the REC key and the PLAY key
simultaneously (recording).
OVER DUB+PLAY It works as the same when you press the OVER DUB and PLAY key
simultaneously (overdub).
REC/PUNCH When you step on the switch in stop mode, the MPC1000 will start the playback,
when you step on the switch in play mode, it starts recording, in recording mode, it
starts playback.
OVER DUB/PUNCH When you step on the switch in stop mode, the MPC1000 will start the playback,
when you step on the switch in play mode, it starts overdubbing, in overdub mode,
it starts playback.
TEMPO TAP It works the same as the TEMPO/NOTE REPEAT key.
PAD1 through 16 The MPC1000 will play the selected pad at the fixed velocity of 127 (maximum).
F1 through F6 They work the same as the function keys 1 through 6.
PAD BANK A through D They work the same as the PAD BANK keys.