Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By rivesman Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:57 pm
No hay nada imposible, amigo.
He probado un dispositivo de almacenamiento USB 2 de 128 megas y la MPC lo reconoce, pero misterios de la vida, no lee los ficheros wav... un amigo informatico está intentando encontrarle una solución.
...en principio no tiene porqué no funcionar.
tiempo al tiempo.
saludos desde España (Spain)
rivesman
By LabWorkz Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:08 pm
So does that mean a zip will work on da MPC 1000?
By Lampdog Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:12 pm
tiger vomitt wrote:will the 1000 read zip disks from a USB zip drive?
thanks!

RIVESMAN is saying no, because the MPC1000 is a slave usb device and the usb zip is a slave usb device. PC on the other hand is a master.

You cannot hook up 2 slaves together and expect them to work, they will not.. (insert light hearted joke here, then again maybe not..)

By tiger vomitt Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:53 pm
thanks rivesman and lampdog

By seal Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:33 am
Actually he says that he managed to get some 256MB keychain USB device to get recocgnized by the mpc1000, but the mpc1000 could not pull the wav's out. Also says nothing's impossible and that there surely must be some workaround.

Lampdog is correct. They wont function together. I wonder how rivesman is able to understand English yet his replies are in Spanish. Hmmm.

By Lampdog Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:44 am
seal wrote:Actually he says that he managed to get some 256MB keychain USB device to get recocgnized by the mpc1000, but the mpc1000 could not pull the wav's out. Also says nothing's impossible and that there surely must be some workaround.

Lampdog is correct. They wont function together. I wonder how rivesman is able to understand English yet his replies are in Spanish. Hmmm.

Yeah, I'm wondering about his lingual abilities as well. I've studied espanol back in high school and with past girlfriends (I understand it might be a different dialect though) and that's just sorta fishy to me........ I'm fluent in a foreign language also and I can reply in that native tongue as well if need be (can't write out on paper).. I'd like to know if the jumpdrive (256mb keychain) was REALLY recognized or is my leg just being pulled.. I don't have or know anyone with a 1k so I just listen and observe here on the forums for advice....