Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By 52ftBuddha Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:35 pm
I would like to start a list of programming easter eggs (hidden button combos) such as the memory test etc. If you have some could you list them for me>

Now this is really pushing the boundaries of good taste, but If there is someone that has purchased the EXM128 that could identify what it is they have, construction chip type etc it would make it possible for those of us that are looking to add memory to do it a little cheaper. I know a lot to ask, one more week with 16meg or less and I will take this on myself.

Rob

By rivesman Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:48 pm
Se me a ocurrido, aver, aver...!Hum! esto podría ser la bomba.
Mi amigo informatico/electronico me ha dicho que teniendo los planos detallados de la mpc-1000 (ruteo de circuitos/esquemas)y un modulo EXM128 de prueba quizá se podría desoldar el chip de memoria, insertar uno de... por ejemplo de 512 megas, reprogramar el chip con software especifico(mi amigo tiene plantillas especificas para programar circuitos)y volverlo a instalar en la MPC, arrancar la maquina y listo... MPC-1000 + EXM512 MEGAS MEMORY.
Seguiremos indagando.
saludos
rivesman
By 52ftBuddha Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:01 pm
If bable fish is translating this correctly I think you are saying you are working on a mod for 512 that would be great.

By mpc3000 Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:27 pm
"start a list of programming easter eggs (hidden button combos) such as the memory test etc"

Just search the forum. I beleive I have posted all of them already.

By mpc3000 Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:22 am
"...but all of them?"

Well, I have not posted the Credits Screen.

By aaron_bliss Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:33 pm
mpc3000 wrote:"start a list of programming easter eggs (hidden button combos) such as the memory test etc"

Just search the forum. I beleive I have posted all of them already.

I think that this would make a great sticky post.

A sort of tricks and tips, Easter egg type thing. A sticky that would kind of answer all the commonly asked questions, like a FAQ sticky post.

How do we get one of them started?

By aaron_bliss Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:39 pm
To be honest I just ran a search on
easter eggs
hidden screens
Hidden combos
button combos
mpc 1000 extras
and so on, the search really didnt help much unless you knew what you were looking for
By ReelBigFisch Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:46 am
I think I've read darn near every post on the 1000 board since I joined and I've gotta say, there are some real personalities here.

MPC3000- you're the man and only suckers will cross you...when they do, it's only once. I've just got a vibe on your attitude since (like I said) starting at the earliest of posts, and reading all since then. It's gone a little down hill my friend. :( Maybe it's all these jackass newbies who'll simply post a question rather than researching like tutor wants done. Do you and Tutor get together for tea every once-and-a-while by the way and talk about the cancer in your forums? Just kidding...honestly :D

Bliss...you and a few other regulars have got alot of knowledge. Thanks for wading through the crap to continue helping the loyal readers!

peace,
fisch

ps- what the hell was this whole post about anyway?

By watergunthug Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:36 am
so lets hear the eggs?????wtf
By aaron_bliss Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:35 pm
ReelBigFisch wrote:I think I've read darn near every post on the 1000 board since I joined and I've gotta say, there are some real personalities here.

Bliss...you and a few other regulars have got alot of knowledge. Thanks for wading through the **** to continue helping the loyal readers!

peace,
fisch

ps- what the hell was this whole post about anyway?

Fisch,
Thanks for the props. I am not nearly as verse in the MPC as Tutor or 3000 but I like to help when I can.

The post is about (for lack of a better word) Easter Eggs, little treats or hidden screens the OS programmers add but are not included to the manual.
MPC-3000 found a few of them and so have some others and have posted them. The only thing is they are hard to find in the search section unless you know what to look for. i.e.. title or what words where used to describe the Easter egg. It also helps to know how to use the search option.

I went out and hit up different ways to search and to be honest I found a tush load of posts speaking about the screens but none really going into how to get them.
the following is only one example. (the first that I remember)
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php ... tom+screen
From what I gather Tutor is in the process of setting up a FAQ section or sticky for us soon. This will give all of us a quick ref on tips and hidden screens on the MPC1000. I lookforward to this.
Also keep an eye out on some interesting tools I hear are comming from the one like MPC-3000. rumor has it he is working on a pgm editor for the MPC1000.
hope that isn't to much info at once.

By mpc3000 Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:25 pm
"what the hell was this whole post about anyway? "

It seems like I am usually getting slammed for not regurgitating things I posted only a few days prior. I am not a broken record. I do not repeat stuff that I have recently posted already. This place does not pay enough (zero) to sugar-coat everything I say. I do not have a problem using the search engine since, like the MPC, I read the instructions.

"rumor has it he is working on a pgm editor for the MPC1000."

It's already out, but I sometimes do not post such things here. I typically post my best stuff to the oldest, longest running, most technical sampler related internet mailing list: Akai Pro Samplers Mailing List found at www.midicase.com/akai