Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By Lampdog Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:53 am
Yes, try step edit.
By Roopesh Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:00 am
i want my snares a tick or two later.

Akai UK are no good, they dont know how to do this.

can someone please help out hear...it would be apprec'ed.

when i spoke to Akai UK (Arbiter Group), the techi guy said that they have requested Akai to include the 'Shift Timng' fucntion into the 1000 with an OS update.

lets see...i feel that if many of us complain they will do so eventually.

however...Akai did say that you can Move events by Ticks in the Seq Edit or Step Edit...

but for Fu*k sake how???

ime sure many other would love to know also...

By mpc3000 Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:19 am
"ime sure many other would love to know also..."

I have not heard anyone else complain. Maybe those others figured it out by using the manual?

By Lampdog Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:34 pm
If you in fact past "that" stage then why are you posting questions. Help out someone who is less experienced as you. I'm curious as to why you think the manual sucks. I haven't read it but I've read other MPC manuals and the cover the basics not the tricks of the trade, manuals are not intended to cover that part of it, that's where your creativity steps in homie.. But I'm pretty sure step editing is most likely in there, it was in other MPC manuals.

By effekt Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:36 pm
I don't see where the problem might be. Step Edit is easy to work with. Perhaps you should try to change the Timing Correction (ex.: 1/16(3) ).