Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Roopesh Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:20 am
UK magazine, Future Music, has just published the first review of the MPC1000.

In his conclusion, reviewerJustin Berkom says:

"There is little to fault in the operation of the MPC1000 - I found it a true joy to use and in many ways it differs from the plethora of compact 'groove machines' currently available. It's a true, no-nonsense unit with little in the way of hype, the MPC1000 lets you get on with creating tracks quickly, efficiently and sounds pretty darn fat.

The timing of the sequencer is also rock solid and after jamming for hours I found no problems whatsoever in changing patterns quickly. And through the use of different swing grooves, the feel of the MPC1000 is excellent. It possesses a character of its own that cannot be replicated in computer software.

To remain objective, you have to sit back and really admire how much is going on in such a small, portable box.

Akai have really come up trumps here with a solid, sturdy and workshorse-like baby MPC."

By baichai Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:13 am
thats exactly what i said! we love the 1k!