Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:45 pm
TaK-Mpc wrote:This thing cost me near $1000 and I can't even get it to sit even?
Happens all the time...a bunch of people had similar problems with $2,000 and $3,000 Apple PowerBooks last year (quite a few of the initial run of the 12" alu 'Books didn't sit flat, and a huge number of the 15" alu 'Books had screen defects). Customers had to kick and scream to get their purchases replaced.
By rnbeatz Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:48 pm
TaK-Mpc wrote:Does anyone else have a problem with it bein' uneven?

Just got mine a minute ago. I'm upgrading from an MPD16. First thing I checked was it being uneven and yes it is. On another note, the pads on the MPD16 are larger (square) and more low profile. They also feel a little different too. I like the size of the MPD16 pads better but the 1k pads feel better to me.

Has anyone taken any action on their 1k being uneven with their dealer or Akai? If I have no other problems I will live with it.

By Toecutter Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:15 pm
Are you guys absoloutely sure it's uneven? It could be your floor or the table you sit it on... when I used to sit my MPC2000 on top of my dresser it moved like it was uneven, swaying slightly front to back... now it sits on a tower for my wall unit and seems solid and doesn't move... not questioning your judgement, just asking if you compared it on different surfaces, cause that's what worked for me.
By rnbeatz Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:25 pm
Just did and it is uneven an rocks exactly the same on three different serfaces.

By Toecutter Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:30 pm
sorry to hear that man, must be the mpc then... return it if it's bothering you cause if not one day you gonna get mad and throw it...

By rnbeatz Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:56 pm
I put a penny under one of the rubber matts on the bottom and now its solid as a rock.
By rnbeatz Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:22 am
I am also getting a lot of double triggering when I hit the pads. Looks like I will have to return it. Maybe with the next run I'll get a little luckier with the build quality.

I should have bought 2 and kept the best one.

By mpc3000 Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:00 am
"I am also getting a lot of double triggering when I hit the pads."

Give it time and let the pads grow on you. I know you used the MPD already but the above complaint is typical for new owners.

By rnbeatz Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:04 am
mpc3000 wrote:"I am also getting a lot of double triggering when I hit the pads."

Give it time and let the pads grow on you. I know you used the MPD already but the above complaint is typical for new owners.

I'll give it up to my 30 day return limit.