Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By jwalgran Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:35 pm
Thinking about buying a 1000 and I have a question about melodic samples.

If I make a 5 octave program of one of my synths, assigning one sample to each pad, can I hook up a midi controler and play that program from the controller? Can i record my performance?

By rivesman Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:40 am
"16 level" modifica la velocidad -sample speed and afination in the 16 pads
bye
saludos
rivesman

By jwalgran Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:53 pm
sorry, your answer wasn't much help. anyone else?

By rivesman Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:05 pm
sorry, my english is very kk.
press bouton "16 level"
saludos
rivesman
By stereoroid Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:08 pm
The Multisampling Tutorial on mpc-tutor-com describes a generic way to do this, but my big concern is whether the Pads in MPC1000 banks A-D correspond with incoming external MIDI notes. The manual is no help with this, and it's a sticking point that may stop me from buying a MPC1000. (I want to play some melodic samples from an external keyboard, but not enough to justify a seperate full sampler purchase).

The workaround described in the tutorial looks just fine, but the MPC1000 appears to be slightly differently organized internally. The manual always refers to playing the samples from the pads or sequencer, never from MIDI In, and I can't tell if it's even possible. It would be really great if some kind soul, with a MPC1000 and a bit of time, could see if that Tutorial can be adapted to the MPC1000... :?

PS: my first post, glad to be on board!
Last edited by stereoroid on Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

By jwalgran Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:20 pm
glad to hear others are working on this

i remember reading somthing in the manual about pads and midi notes... i though.

hmmmm... i'll have to take another look after work.

after reading that tutorial, it seems possible on the 1000.

anyone done it?
By LabWorkz Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:02 pm
I have the Motif ES and the MPC 1000 connected thru midi and it works fine!