Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By djadonis206 Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:36 pm
I'm thinking about getting a MPC1000 - However I'm using Logic 6 w/ Kontact, Battery, an Extreme Lead and a Nord Lead 2 -

I'm thinking about selling my Nord Lead so I can buy a MPC1000 but that seems like a bad idea as I already have a pretty good thing going -

I sold my MPC2000xl to buy my computer but I'm kinda of regretting that - that's my delima...I don't want to do that again i.e. sell my keyboard so I can buy a MPC1000 - Moneys tight so saving isn't really an option right now!

thoughts?
By Roopesh Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:19 am
Logic Audio 6 (especially Platinum) blows the socks off of the MPC 1000.

i have both...and can tell you that Logic is much much more powerful.

just don't compare the 2.

its like comparing a Ford car to a Rolls Royce...2 different rides mate.

both take you A-B but a completly different experience along the way.

Logic has both Audio & Midi capabilities (and that is at its best)
50+ Top Plugins
960 ppqn Res
100's of tracks.

complete different Level.

By tiger vomitt Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:27 am
i would not sell that nord to get an mpc

those keyboards are dope as hell i'd miss it real fast. not that a 1k isnt cool (mine arrives on thursday yeahhh).

personally i feel like i could do a lot with a nord lead, probably much more than a 1k. ever make a beat with ONLY your synth?

just my thoughts•

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:31 am
I agree...if you have Kontakt and Battery running w/ Logic the only thing I can see the MPC offering you is a different approach to making music. The MPD16 might be a better investment. It only gives you two banks and doesn't have note repeat, but it's also about $550 cheaper than the 1000 (and I hear its particularly sweet to use with Battery).

By djadonis206 Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:44 pm
Thanks

Those are definately the conclusions I came to - I'm better off the way things are - it works - I'm happy - Plus the nord could become a classic and i'd be like "Damn, why did I sell that thing" when all I have to do is buckle down and save a few bucks and add the MPC1000 to my set-up. not replace!

Thanks -

By djadonis206 Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:32 pm
Man - I'm going to try and sell it! I get some pretty dope sounds out of kontact and the extreme lead and you guys know how easy and fun it is to write tracks on the MPC -

If anybodies interested - I'm selling it or I would a trade for a MPC1000

Peace!

By My_Yoot Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:13 am
I've just bought a MPC1000 a couple of weeks ago & I'm really pleased with it but would never sell any of my gear to get another piece of gear. Have patience my friend - take a deep breath, the MPC will come. On the other hand, it would be a little more urgent if you're doing strictly Rn'B/Hip Hop. For the time being just experiment with the different swing types (A to F), why not zoom into midi events & move objects about if that's what u r looking for

By My_Yoot Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:21 am
The MPC1000s great, as you can really express yourself well on the pads, better than keybords when it comes to programing. The swing for around 100bpm & less sounds baaad. I just wish this thing was more visual & easier to edit sequences like Logic. Dialing numbers to edit doesn't work with me very well. Dont normally get on with hardware sequencers. :?

By six-wax Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:31 am
Apples vs. Oranges

By djadonis206 Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:46 pm
Word, word, word - I actually make techno but anywayz - I decided not to sell the nord lead. It made a pretty good case for itself over the weekend (It's really off the hook!) - some other things fell in my lap like money and a hook up on a nice discount through a distributor - I should be getting my 1000 early next week (1/27/04) -

Yeah, when I first saw this thing i was like Damn I've got to have this bad boy, NOW! - but you konw what they say...good things come to those that wait - I've been waiting on another MPC for a year.

BTW Logic is super off the hook - you really don't know what you have going on until you start looking for something else - it's almost like your sh** starts lobbying for itself "Don't sell me, don't give up on me, look how dope I REALLY AM!"

"No really, look!"