Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By strongarmmusic Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:46 pm
im using the 1k backed with a s3k and its just to much workpc usb to 1k mesa and mac to s3k its just to much work does any body know of a stand alone software sampler i could replace the s3000 with . i have a p3 700 that im not using i will make that my sampler. this will be the only program on it. im using cubase sx for tracking but dont want to use plug ins cause i dont want to have to start cubase everytime i make a track, is there any help

By tiger vomitt Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:34 am
most softsynths and samplers have a standalone app, it installs along with the plugin.

you can open the app, make a few sounds and save it if you want. if you use it as a plugin you can load those sounds and vice versa.

this is how i work now with battery and dp. it's a horrible way to do things IMHO but it is also extremely powerful (ive been doing it like this for several years)