Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By 52ftBuddha Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:33 am
After being disappointed with the Quality assurance at AKAI I decided to disassemble my MPC to have a look, while at it line up the front panel with the punch outs. I also was interested in making burl side plates I think that will be a challenge.

Image upload challenges, I will have to get back to this.

Rob

By rivesman Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:50 am
¿cualo?

ByGuest 467 Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:19 pm
You may mail them to me if they aren't too big and to many.

I'll put them on my webspace for you.

(Go to my website, click "contact" -> my email adress is there)

By effekt Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:28 pm
I can't wait to see the inside of that beast :) Please post the pics.

By six-wax Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:49 pm
at some piont someone alleged that there was in fact a laptop hard drive (or port) inside... can you confirm?

By jwalgran Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:53 pm
you can see it in the "bottom" picture. the white connecter right next to where the ram goes.
By 52ftBuddha Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:29 pm
I thought I would pen a few words to describe the disassembly process. The base of the unit is held on by machine screws and simply removes to access the internals. The side plates come off with the removal of the one screw in the back and the two on the bottom. Sliding the side plate forward will leave it in your hand (The base plate does not need to be removed to accomplish this). Next the remaining screws on the base and the countersunk screw to the right of the media slot can remove the right lower front edge of the unit. This part slides to the right for removal. Pulling the slider covers upward for removal and removing the screws to the rear and along the front edge under the previously removed lower right cover can take off the top deck. The PCB’s under the top deck have a fair amount of adjustment in the mounting hardware so knobs and switches can be aligned to your needs. Disclaimer, I would not recommend this to anyone and provide this merely for informational purposes. I applaud Akai for using the same hardware throughout while cursing them for using machine screws.

rob

By effekt Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:20 pm
52ftBuddha : Thanks for the pics. I admire your courage :)
What I see is that this empty bay, has the perfect size to accomodate a laptop hard drive. :) Wouldn't it be nice ? :)

Next week I'm going to buy the 144pin laptop RAM chip. I'll let you all know if it works, or if we need to buy some special kind of RAM.