Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Dannymon Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:33 pm
Hello there, I tried the search engine but couldn't find anything, I probably didn't search right.

Can anyone tell me how to set up the MPC to the original OS.

I've been having lots of troubles with the OS V1.02. I have a gig this Saturday and I cannot afford to keep on loosing information due to this faulty new OS

thanks for your answers!

By Insectpossewillbecrushed Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:35 pm
I believe the 1.01 OS is still available on the Akai international download page. You should be able to install it in the same way that you installed 1.02. I'm going to try this tonight myself and see if it clears up the issue I have been having with saving to CF.

By Lou-One Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:52 pm
On Akai International they have a download for factory settings. Not sure if this will give you OS 1.00 you can try that as well.

By Dannymon Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:26 pm
I read in a post some days ago, that you could reset the MPC to the factory OS by turning it off, then turn it on again while pressing certain key, but I don't remember which key.

By effekt Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:41 pm
I think it's the [ERASE] key, but i'm not 100% sure.