Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By HybridBeats.com Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:46 pm
This may be a stupid question but I did a search and I checked manual and I'm still confused.

Is there a way to change the event time field while in step edit mode?
e.g. If I have an event at 001.03.24 and I want it to be at 001.03.48

When I highlight field and try to edit it, it just moves the curser to the next event.

Am I approaching this wrong, or am I just missing some basic maneuver

By bboy Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:44 pm
you've got it right, the only to move an event is in the Seq Edit mode...

By effekt Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:06 pm
One way is as the Bboy explained.

The other way is in Step Edit. Just copy the event at 001.03.24, then erase it. Then , in the NOW field, set your coursor to 001.03.48, and paste.

By My_Yoot Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:03 am
I'm in the same boat as Hybrid & just acuired a 1000 a couple of weeks ago. It has a fantasic feel. I'm also struggling with this 'event moving'. Maybe I'm just too used to software seq. Copy & paste idea works but you have to repeat this process to make adjustments (or do U?). Any way of highlighting event & ajust from there with data wheel as its looping?

By effekt Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:27 am
Copy & paste idea works but you have to repeat this process to make adjustments (or do U?). Any way of highlighting event & ajust from there with data wheel as its looping?

I'm affraid C&P is the only way of doing it in step edit mode. But don't wory, with time and practice, you will start pasting it exactly where you wanted it. Just feel the beat and trust your ears :)

By My_Yoot Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:56 am
Many thanks Effekt! I've done it a few times this eve & I think I can get used it. :D

Byaz21d Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:28 pm
YO guys thanks for puting that down i need that holla