Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By tiger vomitt Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:21 am
responsibly, please only list stuff you are positive wasnt user error.

mine so far has done these strange things (6 days with the mpc1000)

- i load in files off the CF into the mpc and the programs and/or sequences are messed up. not at all how i saved em. repeated loadings sometimes will work properly. akai said today on the phone it was the first they'd heard of it (freindly people over there tho)

-sometimes when loading in a file (even with latest OS) i get an error saying "End of file!" if i load it again i usually dont get the error (but i still dont know if it loaded correctly, see above).

-sometimes a sample's loop on/off setting in the trim window stays on "loop," and either wont change despite putting the cursor on it and turning the wheel, or changes but the sample still loops anyway. laoding the sample again fixed the problem last time it happened.

-there seems to be this terrible state where you can edit a program that doesnt exist. this one might be me being new tho... definitely didnt seem like it

so whatchyoo got?