Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By LBCutta Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:06 am
Ok Im a newbie so bear with me just copped the 1000 yesterday and i think im growing grey hairs already. But I have a sample loaded and its kinda slow...so I speed the tempo up....but the tempo of the song speeds up but that sample is still slow??? how would I speed the sample up to the tempo of the song? Thanks..

By BRAVO Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:18 am
Sounz like you need timestretch but that feature aint on the 1000 models.
Perhaps you could use a softwear program (soundforge perhaps)

Then again, what sorta sample is it and what you tryin to do...Perhaps tuning/pitch is what you need (are you trying to make 'kanye west music' ) in combination with messing with the bpm

By ZaxRock Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:45 am
how much of a pain in the ass is it that there is no timestretch feature on the 1000? is it a major issue? i suppose it would make you need computer based software.

By ZaxRock Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:08 pm
what other important features are lacking in the 1000? i can't seem to find this information out anywhere. everything is really vague with capabilities.

By djadonis206 Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:47 pm
The one thing I can't figure out is why no delay? They have all these other tyte efx but no delay - I'm getting my 1000 here in the next couple of weeks but I've already read the manual 100x's over and no delay, no time stretch but hey - it's not the work horse the xl is so...I'm just excited I can USB (usb cf reader) it up to the computer and transfer drums, loops, grooves, etc back and forth from Logic, Protools and the MPC. Take the MPC to the bathroom, bedroom or my boys and do some more sequencing...can't wait!