Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Ghengis Khan 47 Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:10 am
I'm new to this MPC thing and from what I've heard the MPC1000 is perfect for me! I told one a my boys that I was going to purchase one brand new and thats when he hit me with these different model numbers. I personally went to the store I had it shipped to and checked out the model number for myself! It said MPC1000BK so I told them to hold it for me until I got new info on these model numbers. Apparently the older MPC1000's have Pad problems and the ones named MPC1000BK or MPC1000BK-N are the ones with the new pad but I don't really know which is which. I've been in the fetal position waiting for that MPC1000 to come home to its new owner but I thought I'd wait for the experts to help me out!

Peace!

By openeye Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:20 am
hey bro, hopefully someone will back me up here but I believe the only ones that have the new style pads already installed is the BK-N ... the other two models have older style pads. hope that helps.
By Ghengis Khan 47 Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:43 am
Thanks! Wow... So...... I'm speechless.... Damn I guess Its back to that corner again fetal style! Well actually Daddy Junky Music was pretty cool about the whole sale. I walked in on tuesday and the dude was like "Drop $900 and leave your MPC1000BK here till' friday morning". I guess they're having a sale on friday morning so when I go pick it up I get the discount. I could spend that extra cash plus $80 for the new pads but it still sucks! I didn't wanna have to take it apart so soon! Thanks again man!

Peace!

By crossings Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:08 am
as i just mentioned in the other thread... i just purchased the MPC1000BK (without the letter N) this week, and it DOES come with the new pads installed. i got it from americanmusical.com and it seems like if you buy a new one from them it will definitely come with the new pads installed. the website doesn't say anything about the pads though... that's just how they're shipping now.

By Aviador Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:30 pm
Hi,

I have also got the same problem as You. I called AKAI in Poland (well, it's not AKAI but this main company which sales AKAI's products) and they told my that their stock was empty and now they has MPC 1000 which came at 15th of october. Is it possible, that those MPC's will have new pads inside?
Maby ther is some kind of series number that can tell if its with new pad's kit of not? And what's de difference between BK and BK-N? How You can recognize which type is Your MPC or MPC that You want to buy without opening the box?

(it's my first post here - hello everyone! sorry for all mistakes in gramar or spelling - my english isn't pefrect!:)
By Ghengis Khan 47 Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:47 pm
Thanks Crossings! So I guess I'll just go forward with the pick up on Friday fetalless! I just bought the RAM but I'm still looking for the right hard drive! I went through that "Sticky: Hard Drive Recommendations" list and Checked Buy.com and TigerDirect.com but couldn't find the right one. All I need is a 40Gb I think the 80Gb is way to much storage for me. I don't really want to deal with Ebay cause I've heard spooky stories about that site. I guess I'll just check at Retail stores see what they got!

Peace!
Last edited by Ghengis Khan 47 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Aviador Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:49 pm
Aviador wrote:Hi,

I have also got the same problem as You. I called AKAI in Poland (well, it's not AKAI but this main company which sales AKAI's products) and they told my that their stock was empty and now they has MPC 1000 which came at 15th of october. Is it possible, that those MPC's will have new pads inside?
Maby ther is some kind of series number that can tell if its with new pad's kit of not? And what's de difference between BK and BK-N? How You can recognize which type is Your MPC or MPC that You want to buy without opening the box?

(it's my first post here - hello everyone! sorry for all mistakes in gramar or spelling - my english isn't pefrect!:)

UP!
By Ghengis Khan 47 Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:41 am
Aiight my package says MPC1000BK! I purchased it and took it apart! The pads are the new model ones and my boy also told me if the back part where all the cables go is black then it's the new ones! Also if you pull up one of the pads from the 4 corners and the lip pops up then it's also fresh! I was scared to do it but all you gotta do is pull the one thats closest to the red (REC) button. With your left hand put your thumb on the bottom side of the pad and your index finger on the REC side of the pad and pull up slightly. Supposedly if the corner in between pops up it's the new pads!

I ordered the Mem RAM ($30) for it already and waiting for the delivery!
It's 256MB but the MPC will only read the maximum capacity (128Mb). Heres the site.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820172003

I have yet to order the hard drive and the adapter but I'm still waitin on the right place to purchase it from. Everywhere I check they're refurbished! I'm not down with used s*it!

By Aviador Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:05 am
I know how to check if it's old or new type of pads, but I wanted some other type of infomation which would help me with checking, if it's mpc with or without new pads, WITHOUT OPENING THE BOX :D
By Ghengis Khan 47 Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:57 pm
Well on the back of my box theres a sticker on the bottom left. The sticker has three different bar codes and a big green A. Above the 2 bar codes to the right of the big A says MPC1000BK! I can't tell you whether or not that "means" that the pads are new. But I can tell you that my MPC1000 came in that box and the pads are new. If the store where your buying it from is cool they'll let you take a look at the MPC1000 itself and let you judge. The store I bought mine (Daddy Junky Music) in let me.