Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By henryoakley Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:12 pm
Resurrecting a very old thread here as thinking of getting a 1k...

So the 1k can hold 24 programs in RAM at any one time? You're not limited to 1 program / 64 sounds in total?

So for live sets, I could have say 12 songs, each with a few sequences, and each sequence can use a different set of programs?

So for example I could have 1 program per song with the instruments / vox / whatever and then a few programs with drum banks etc. that I can use throughout the songs - all loaded in RAM in advance and I can just flick through sequences and use mutes etc. live without having to load anything else up?
By henryoakley Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:51 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:24 programs in memory, all available when you need them. You'll be limited by your max 128MB RAM though.

Thanks for confirming - that's pretty cool. And 128MB is plenty when drum sounds are a few KB and chops might be a few MB.

Another option would be to get a 3000, so 128MB over 24 programs is MASSIVE in comparison :-D

MPC Tutor - as a side note - do you know if the digital low pass filter on 1k sounds the same as the LPF on the 3k?
By Lazarillo Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:46 pm
The MPC2000 Classic can only use 1 program at a time, same as the MPC60 and MPC3000. So the XL was a big step up being able to handle 4.