All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Sun May 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Just Released: Tombongo Funk Sessions features 87 live, old school funk drum breaks performed by UK drummer Richard Preston, authentically recorded at Gizzard Studios (London) using vintage drums and microphones directly onto 2 inch tape.

In addition to the main mixed stereo wav file, each break is broken down to four individual tracks recorded directly from the kick, snare and left & right overhead mics (348 multitrack files in total). This gives you complete control over each main element in the break, allowing for further adjustment of mix levels as well as applying selective eq and effects to specific instruments. The stems are also great for chopping out individual hits.

The breaks are organised by tempo ranging from in 65 to 130 BPM and have all been renamed using ‘MPC Friendly’ filenames to ensure hassle-free loading into any MPC. Just load up the main break file and chop away, or assign each of the multitrack stems to its own pad and MPC sequencer track. Also fully compatible with any DAW – simply drag and drop the stems directly onto audio tracks.

Tombongo Funk Sessions - a unique source of original, authentic live funk drums. Available to download instantly after purchase and 100% royalty free.

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... -sessions/

Equipment List:

* Recorders: Studer A80 2″ 16 Track Tape Machine
* Digitising: RME Fireface 800
* Desk: Alice Stancoil, 1970′s Quadraphonic desk
* Mics: Coles 4038, Calrec 600, shure 545 , Calrec CM 100, 10” speaker
* Drums:1966 Ludwig Superclassic, Ludwig 400/Black Beauty, vintage Zildjian A’s and K’s

Download Demos:

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... -sessions/
By sirparksalot Fri May 17, 2013 8:59 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
sirparksalot wrote:Bought this yesterday.....already used a break for a beat!! Top notch stuff......really dope how each is split up into the multi track recording too!

If you put the beat up on sound cloud, let em know and I'll add it to the product page

Cool ,here's what I did with one of the breaks:

By Lampdog Fri May 17, 2013 1:33 pm
sirparksalot wrote:Cool ,here's what I did with one of the breaks:

Props on that. I must have played it back like 5 times in a row.
Shit's hypnotizing. Love it.
By sirparksalot Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:30 am
Lampdog wrote:
sirparksalot wrote:Cool ,here's what I did with one of the breaks:

Props on that. I must have played it back like 5 times in a row.
Shit's hypnotizing. Love it.

WORD!!! Thanks LAMP!!