All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:08 am

'The Raw 70s Kit' is the second volume in our 'Drum Evolution' series, featuring a fully multisampled 70s Ludwig Classic drum kit, recorded with an array of vintage microphones straight to 2 inch analogue tape, and mapped out perfectly into ready-to-play programs for all MPCs & Maschine.

Oozing with gritty character and tape saturated goodness, these are just about the filthiest, hard hitting multisampled drums we've ever had the pleasure of working with. Check out the audio demo which was programmed entirely in an MPC:

And here's Tim Kroker with a finger-drumming workout:

The Raw 70s Kit comes with 16 different drum articulations recorded with 12-18 takes across the entire velocity range (259 samples in total) and for each MPC model (including all version of JJOS) we've created ready-tweaked 'finger drumming' kits that you can just load up and start playing.

Without doubt one of the most usable and distinctive multisampled drum kits you'll ever get your hands on - find out more now!

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... w-70s-kit/
By Lampdog Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:26 pm
Wow-L

That was good, the sounds knock.

I remember back when I first bought my asr10 in 1994 in Virginia on military highway at al&m. I used to order kidnepro sounds. I didn't know any better. Nowadays, I see so much higher quality and varied stuff it's crazy.
By Coz Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:07 pm
Good review. :nod:

'Well Known Tone' knows quality when he hears it. :smoker:
By Acid Mitch Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:20 pm
Great stuff.
Would be nice to see more kits like this for the MPC's rather than just the usual collections of random samples.
By cheikhantadope Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:27 pm
I just copped these and wanted to point out that the kit is unusable for the 3000. The folder has 60MB+ of samples but my sampler can only read partitions up to 33MB. I did get it to work by just loading the program itself and checking the missing files, but the extra files should be removed for the older samplers.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:00 pm
Thanks for letting me know - I take it you are running Vallixi OS rather than the official Akai OS (my understanding was that the 3.11 Akai OS on the MPC3000 has an 80MB limit).

Either way I can certainly place the 'primary' samples for the legacy kit in a separate sub folder to keep them away from all the additional bonus sounds. I'll get that done this week.
By Mike Boogie Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:12 pm
@MPC-Tutor

I know this is a little off topic, but do you have any plans for create some of these kits in MPC "Expansion" format.

Just curious...
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 pm
Mike Boogie wrote:@MPC-Tutor

I know this is a little off topic, but do you have any plans for create some of these kits in MPC "Expansion" format.

Just curious...

Can do, but currently I think the expansion browser needs more work/features before it can efficiently deal with handling organised collections of samplepacks and kits. Tagging would be good, something compatible with Maschine tags.