New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By danscottjackson Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:56 am
Hi, new to the forum, just got an mpc renaissance and made a few beats, so happy with it, but ive only been using the drum libraries because im struggling to sample, i want to sample off of youtube because i haven't got the money to buy a turntable, ive been told to use a y cable with an aux input, I've bought one and put the 2 rca ends into the rca inputs in the back of the mpc and the aux end into the headphone jack in my computer, problem is as soon as i do so i cannot hear what i am sampling, ive had a fiddle around with the settings in prefences and nothing seems to be working, could someone help me, (theres probably a really obvious solution to it, im just not seeing it) any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Dan
By reeloy Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:23 am
..so how about reading the manual...or at least a closer look to the surface...
there you can find a button saying input monitoring...guess what it's there for...
By damien907 Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:43 am
you might need 2 rca to 1/4 inch adapters to put on the ends of your RCA cables (the red and white colors), this makes it so you can plug them into your analog input 1-2 on your mpc.

im talking about the REC in R and L, you dont have to get a whole xlr cable, your 1/4 inch jacks should fit in the middle of these.

then you take the headphone out of your laptop or whatever, and sample away!

i dont have a ren, but you should be able to arm audio input 1-2 on your ren software and click record, once you put your track in record ready, you should be able to monitor whatever your youtube is playing, then click record and you should be good to go.

maybe someone with a ren can chime in here though, i mightve misunderstood and you already have all the right cables and shit, but just in case you didnt, there you go.
By tradesman Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:21 pm
audio hijack is a good prgram it samples to wav on your computer while youtube or whatever is playing, so you could just import it into your ren