New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By NLAlston Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 pm
My name is Nathan, and I just joined this forum a very short while ago. I don't have (and did own/use) an MPC, but I am now very anxiously awaiting an Akai MPC Studio, which should arrive here within the next couple of days. I plan on having a whole lot of fun with it, and broadening my musical horizons. I am basically a composer of lite jazz, and easy listening music, but want to delve into genres which are more appetizing to the 'younger' set of ears. I know that I will have some questions to pose, before long, but I will do my best not to bombard this forum with queries.
By Paradox1 Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:09 am
Welcome!

I doubt you will have a clue how to use the MPC Studio if you have never used one before. I didnt.

May be worth reading the tutorials like I did. it will explain how it all works and make it easier.

Youtube Videos are good too!
By NLAlston Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:03 pm
Paradox1 wrote:Welcome!

I doubt you will have a clue how to use the MPC Studio if you have never used one before. I didnt.

May be worth reading the tutorials like I did. it will explain how it all works and make it easier.

Youtube Videos are good too!

It is for a certainty that I full well realize how I won't have a handle on working with that device,when I do eventually get it :) . Having never, ever worked with one, before, I know that I am bound for some hiccups, and much hair pullings. I was just informing that I wouldn't set about barraging this forum with a whole lot of questions, before setting down to read any and everything I could on the operation of my forthcoming MPC Studio. Yes, there will be some questions - even after I have delved into researched information - but not as many as there'd be if I weren't to employ myself in previously stated manner. Again, I am SO looking forward to receiving my Studio - and learning how to expand my musical field with it.
By NLAlston Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:05 pm
Paradox1 wrote:Go for it,

I started off doing an hour a day to get used to things. You'll crack it in no time!

Thank you much, for your words of encouragement.
By NLAlston Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:01 pm
Well, my machine arrived, and I have to say that I am quite enamored with its fit & finish. I have a few more errands to run but - sometime this evening - I am going to spend some quality time with it.

I have done some researching (in particular) for a PDF user manual that I could download, and have to study on my IPad - since I am often out and about, and with my iPad with me. Is there such a manual, somewhere out there, in PDF form?
By NLAlston Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:28 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:Download the MPC Software User Guide, from here...

http://www.akaipro.com/product/mpcstudio#downloads

It is also available from the Help menu in MPC Software.

Thanks Simon, but I had already been there - more than a couple of times - and, each time, I met with unsuccessful attempts at downloading the desired file. Safari flat out refused to download it. My Windows-based laptop gave notice that the download would take better than 3 hours, and then seemed to hang during the process. I will give the laptop another shot at it, tomorrow.
By NLAlston Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:28 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:If you have installed MPC Software already, open the PDF manual by choosing Help from the menu.

Yes, I know that it resides there in the Help section. What I desire, though, is a downloadable PDF of that manual, for the purpose of installing it on my iPad. I am almost always with my study partner (iPad), and would love to have said manual available on it.
By SimonInAustralia Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:30 am
When you open it from the help menu, it should load into a PDF viewer, and you should be able to save it onto your computer, then load it into the iPad through iTunes.

Or download/view it on your iPad, and choose to open it in Acrobat Reader on your iPad.