New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By NLAlston Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:10 am
Earlier today, a sleek & shiny MPC Studio was delivered to our home. As had previously been established by a member, here - I was not going to hit the ground 'running' with it. He was so right, but I HAD hoped to do at least something little, on it. That didn't turn out to be the case, though.

The installation process wasn't as Brain boggling as I had read it to be, for some, but I cannot say that it was stumble-free for me. The software disk eventually installed, after a couple of tries. The disk which proved most problematic was the 'Bank' disk. After finally seeming to get everything installed, I attempted tracking some wavs. On some of them I could hear nothing when I played the pads, even though the respective pad perimeters would light. On some others only certain pads would light up, and play, but not to be recorded into the sequencer. The QuickStart guide offered very short and simplified instructions on how to go about recording sounds, and I hope that I didn't wind up with a defective unit. Of course, I still don't rule out the possibility of user error. Tomorrow, I will give another go at it, and will see how I fare.
By SimonInAustralia Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:27 am
Have you updated MPC Software to the latest version?

Have you updated The Bank and The 809 MPC Expansions, using the update installers included within the .zip file that you download to update MPC Software?

Are you building MPC drum sample programs, by dragging samples onto pads in a Drum program?

Have you tried loading The Bank or The 809 plugins onto a Plugin track?
By Paradox1 Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:48 pm
In your sound list, the ones wher you cant hear anything is sound packs. you double click on them and it opens the sounds within that pack.

If you click on sample(computer screen), it will filter which can make it easier for you.
By NLAlston Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:35 pm
[/quote]
SimonInAustralia wrote:Have you updated MPC Software to the latest version?
Wasn't able to do so. Will try again.

Have you updated The Bank and The 809 MPC Expansions, using the update installers included within the .zip file that you download to update MPC Software?
Couldn't do that either, due to not be able to download the software.

Are you building MPC drum sample programs, by dragging samples onto pads in a Drum program?
Was trying to do that.

Have you tried loading The Bank or The 809 plugins onto a Plugin track?
No. Hadn't tried that.
By NLAlston Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:59 pm
Well, I finally was able to get the software, and expansions updated. It turned oUt to be far less painful than I'd expected it to be. As opposed to the better than 3hr projected download time, the evening before, I was able to pull the zipped files down in just a few minutes. So, all is well - on that front.

Now it is on to the learning, and playing process. But it's going to be fun.