New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By RyderSage Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:35 am
This is easy. So easy I cant figure it out on my own. Currently I have a turntable connected with a ground/rca hookup from my Numark tt-1520 direct drive straight into the Renaissance. No mixer in between. BUT the only thing is, Im not seeing any signal on the threshold. Yet the signal is being read by the db counter. (to the right of the led screen.) After a long time of searching fruitlessly for diagrams and info on google. Ive come to you guys. Do I NEED to go turntable-mixer-mpc? Or can I just go turntable - Mpc? I have a mixer, just not a good one, albeit.

Why would the Renaissance not read on the LED screen, but still show a signal on the db reader? Any help is appreciated. Just want to sample records already..

Thanks,

Ryder Sage
By richie Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:05 am
If there is no preamp on your turntable, that could explain why you can't hear sh*t when trying to sample.
By RyderSage Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:12 am
Well, i actually do have a scarlett focusrite preamp. but thats only ub connected to my computer. my set up is.. turntable-mixer-mpc- computer- preamp. the only possible way to go into the pream would be through the mixer headphone or out jack into the input on my preamp. but ive tried that and it hasnt worked.. :/ What is a detailed explanation of how to connect a turntable to an mpc with reference to what cables go where? because ive tried just about everything with no luck.
Any advice helps, thanks guys.
By selecta jo Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:35 am
right next to the rca phono terminals on the ren, where you connect your turntable, there is a little switch -> flip this to "phono" if it is on "line" to activate the built in phono preamp.
then your turntable signal should be loud and clear and you still can fine tune the recording level with the rec/gain knob on the top panel (also flip the switch next to the rec/gain knob to "phono" if that one is on "line").

peace, rez