New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By chillen9 Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:35 pm
I have an mph studio and this is my first time using an mpc. i have an old keyboard with a midi in and out. i have the midi out on the keyboard plugged into the midi in of the mpc. Now when i record i get the bars on my computer like it is recording the notes from the keyboard. When i play it back no sound comes from the computer. Any ideas?
By Ill-Green Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:49 pm
No sound from the computer because the sound is coming from the keyboard. If you wanted to record the actual audio that the MIDI data is playing, then you'll have to hook up the 1/4" audio cables, capeesh? got it? good, now beat it kid, I got Tammy coming over.
By chillen9 Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 am
i guess i expected sound to come from the computer but it sounds like i need the audio cable. all i have plugged in now is the midi cable and there is no direct link from the keyboard to the computer so i guess it makes sense why nothing is playing
By Clint Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:44 am
Well you could be trying to play built in sounds on the keyboard, if there are any, or trying to play an instrument loaded up inside the MPC software. This determines where the sound should be coming from.

Sound from your keyboard would come from the keyboards audio outputs or headphone output. Sound from your MPC Studio (which has no audio interface) would come from your computer/laptop soundcard (or headphones) providing the soundcard has been selected from within the MPC software audio settings.
By E6emc Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:43 pm
Good evening,
I am trying to use mpc studio with Casio keyboard and receiving no sound from.Casio has sounds and I'm trying to use both sounds from Casio midi and mpc studio. Please help.